View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 10:08 am

I Still Believe In God 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post I Still Believe In God
I still believe in God. Someone will probably ask me, "Do you have proof that God exists?" My answer will be very clear: "¡No!" I clearly said that "I believe in God". I did not say, "I know that God exists." There is a difference between "believing" and "knowing". When you believe that something exists, you have no proof of its existence. He or She who claims to know something, has proof of its existence. To date, nobody has presented valid proof of the existence of God. Of course, the followers of theistic religions -- Hindus, Christians, Muslims, Jews, etc -- insist that they have proof, but insist that most people do not have the faith.

I have faith, but faith is not enough. To me God is the God of all, but not in the traditional manner of the Biblical, Quranic traditions. My spiritual tradition is founded upon the Vedic teachings of Vedic Upanishads. That is a more Pantheistic or Panentheistic tradition were God is seen like an Ocean of Life (my understanding). This tradition insists that God can be known, but cannot be expressed in intellectual ways. The knowledge of God is an experience of silent and blissful knowledge known as Spiritual Enlightenment or Brahma-Nirvana.

Every true follower of our spiritual tradition practices periods of silent meditation with the hope that he/she will penetrate that inner silence. Those that claim that they have found enlightenment have described it in many ways. One of my Gurus (Spiritual Teacher) call It "Ever-New-Joy.

I have not reached Enlightenment yet. I hope that I will before I die. It is said that once it is found, you live filled with Serenity, Understanding, Love, and Compassion. In the mean time, I am just one of the million persons who is Mortal, Fallible, and Ignorant.
But... I will always make an effort.

Hermano Luis

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:37 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: I Still Believe In God
Physicists have found god. They call it the Higgs field.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:40 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

To the Athiest it is proof that god does not exist and to a believer it is just the tools God used. So the debate goes on.

Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:18 am
Profile E-mail

Depends on your definition. If you view deities as anthropomorphic manifestations then I have to say that that is is a limited perception. However if, and I think Lu will follow me here, you consider that 'god' is the nature and source of reality as we experience it, then the Higgs Field has it covered. For the time being. It is becoming apparent that Plato was right. Consciousness is required for matter to exist. The Double Slit experiment has proved that. An observer is required to collapse the wave function. We, and the Universe, and everything that makes it up, are 'god'. And 'god' is growing and evolving. The Universe is not static and most of it is yet to be explained. It was 'born' about 14 billion years ago. If you subscribe to the Multiverse model then that might mean that God has parents. Some astronomers think that our Universe is being affected by a neighbouring Universe as seems to show up on WMAP. Maybe there is some dating going on. What is life after all if not an exchange of information?

Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:25 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am not promoting a belief or none belief in a God. I do agree that the concept of God is evolving whilst believers just say their insight of God is evolving. Most do not think of the physics or indeed care because their beliefs are above this. Even Richard Dawkins angrily has admitted he has not disproved God. As far as I am concerned I am happy for people to express a belief or none belief as long as it does not repress the views of others. Luis has never done this. He simply said he believes and he is entitled to say that.

Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:38 pm
Profile E-mail

Lu follows the Veda's. Physicists are starting to agree with them in principle. Although they wouldn't admit to it. Makes me think our ancestors knew more than we imagine. Which brings me to something else I have been studying recently. The sudden end of the last Ice Age and the myths of Atlantis and the Flood. And physics is everything. Literally.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:27 pm
Profile E-mail