View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:36 am

What do people feel about blood sports. 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post What do people feel about blood sports.
Things like bull fighting and fox hunting?

Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:45 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: What do people feel about blood sports.
The fact it is referred to as a sport is utter nonsense in my book. Although allow me to clarify hunting with the end goal being that the animal you are hunting will be eaten and used afterwards I am fine with as it is a perfect example of what hunting is in its purist form i.e used for a meal and various other uses depending on the animal in question.

But Hunting as a sport, or Fox Hunting, or the killing of the Bull? No I can't get on board with it. For some it may all be about traditions and culture but for me Fox Hunting as it is the more cultural relevant one for me is something some super wealthy people do all in the guise of "good clean fun" yet the crux is a bunch of rich people who are getting drunk on expensive drinks all cheer around as an animal is torn to pieces. I think you have to have something wrong with you to get enjoyment out of that.

When your end goal is just watch this animal get torn to pieces, just so we can all congratulate each other on what a fine bit of sport it was, its B######s I Don't understand it. Now as I said if the fox was hunted and the served up and eaten at a dinner and it an actual hunt again it would need to be regulated so not to be hunted to excess.

But just where I go "B####y good show old boy" as a fox is torn to pieces by some hounds no I think you really do have to be so far removed from society to even think this sounds like fun, and maybe this is because I'm not wealthy but I would hope money wouldnt make me such a big Charlie Uncle November Tango (apologies but its the only thing that comes to mind) as to derive pleasure from this activity.

As for Bull fighters, from what I know of the culture its considered brave, and honourable for the fighter and the bull involved. Of Course that sense of honour means sweet F.A to bull when he finally gets slotted, and I can only imagine the terror that the animal feels as it is cornered and eventually killed for the enjoyment and blood lust of other people. Now I cant rightly sit here and judge another cultures tradition as being wrong and label everyone inhuman and cruel, but for me it isn't about tradition to me its about do I feel this is right.

The answer is No I don't, its not a sport it isn't, Fox Hunting isn't even hunting and dont get me started on the world of competitive hunting which is just as equally B.S. Hunting should always be about the hunting of an animal as prey for food and any other uses that can be made of said animal afterwards. It's not meant to be competitive in a human sense of the word its not meant to be made a sport out of.

So now is the part where I apologise to anyone offended by my point of view, but that just how I see it not anti-hunting, but very much anti-cruelty which so called blood sports are.

I think the new spirituality will be a spirituality that's not based on a particular dogma. And that steps away from the old spiritual paradigm that we have created on this planet, which comes from a thought that there is such a thing as being better.

Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:44 pm
Profile E-mail

As a vegetarian, I am of the opinion that the deliberate killing of any sentient life form should only be done for defence. Bulls were at one time worshiped. During the age of Taurus the Egyptians mummified theirs and the Canaanites made bronze statues in which they sacrificed children. When the age moved into Aries, images of bull slaying appear, Mithras and Theseus for example. Sheep then became the icon. Some people are just stuck in the past. We are now at the back end of Pisces. Heard any good stories about fish? I'll give you a clue. A certain Biblical character appeared during the transition from Aries to Pisces. The Lamb of God became a Fisher of Men. And ending on a pragmatic note about foxes. They are almost extinct in Scotland where hunting with dogs is banned. Farmers can now shoot them at any time of year as vermin. Hunting with dogs, however repugnant, is seasonal and the population remains stable.

Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:11 am
Profile E-mail

It is not sport- its cruelty and murder for pleasure.

Love, Life and energy to you

Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:51 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am a shooter. At my pistol and rifle club I have access to firearms ranging from .22 to .50 calibre. I get the greatest pleasure shooting at paper targets at ranges from 20 - 100 meters. I am always endeavouring to improve my skills at shooting.

I am not a vegetarian and have hunted in the past and would not be adverse to doing so again. However, in shooting as with fishing I believe that if you hunt and kill an animal then you do so to use that animals remains for food. The last animal I killed (excluding fish) was in about 1976, a rabbit with a shotgun. He was skinned (brains used to cure the hide) then myself, Mam, Dad and our cat dined well.

I don't agree with the so called 'sport' of fox hunting. As Oscar wild said on the subject of the English country gentleman galloping after a fox "The unspeakable in full pursuit of the uneatable." Nor do I agree with bull fighting that results in the death of an animal after a time of torture! Dog fighting, hare coursing and badger baiting are abhorrent and I believe that heavier penalties should be applied.

Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:39 am
Profile E-mail WWW

When I was in Spain I went to a restaurant and had a dish of meatballs. They were quite big and there were only two but I enjoyed them so much I went back the next day for some more. This time they were quite small. I asked the waiter why they were so small when the day before they were big. The waiter replied, "Senor, sometimes the bull, he wins"

Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:51 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ouch! Zen. However I am with the bull.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:41 am
Profile E-mail

:lol:

Love, Life and energy to you

Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:43 pm
Profile E-mail

The term "blood sports" makes me think of the Romans and their arenas! Ugh!

I think killing in self defense, or to defend a loved one, from a wild animal, like a bear, or a mad dog, or something like that, is understandable.
Also, hunting and fishing, with the specific intent of eating is a necessity that goes back to our days as cave people.

I recently learned that the Native Americans used to thank the spirit of the animals they killed for allowing their lives to be sacrifices,
so that they (the people) could live.
A life for a life, you gave your life so that I can live. It's almost like a sacred act.
I thought that was amazing. I've started doing that before I eat, I thank the spirit of the animal and of the plants I eat, for giving their life energy, so I can be nourished.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:08 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zen Dog wrote:
"Senor, sometimes the bull, he wins"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: Very good.

Lannah wrote:
I thank the spirit of the animal and of the plants I eat, for giving their life energy, so I can be nourished.

This is what makes us human.

Mon May 01, 2017 10:18 am
Profile E-mail WWW