View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:15 am

Whats on your mind 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: Whats on your mind
I have IBS. I have a period most mornings sounding like I am trying not to throw up.Or throwing up with no result, but then, I can't even belch. Though staying off the medication the night before often helps but not always. As for sore arse prevention vis-a-vis supplemental wipes, get a bidet attachment for your toilet. The cheaper the better. Easy to fit. Best thing since sliced bread. Although you may be stuffed if you have to spend too long away from it. So called travelling ones are no use in my experience. You need the pressure. Also, go on the One Meal A Day diet. It keeps all your crap together. Mostly. That and the bidet are a system. I travel periodically from Oxon to Aquitaine. It takes two days so I book an en suite. That helps.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:29 pm
Profile E-mail

Thanks for the tips, after several trips to A&E due to what I thought was heart problems, 4 ECGS and the cause of my IBS has been pinned down, Anxiety and Panic.

As well as what I thought was heart problems were in fact several massive anxiety and panic attacks very severe. So my treatment is Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and last week to just get me calm was a small 2mg three day course of Diazapan. This was also to enable me to sleep as I hadnt for 4 days previous to this.

Now I have had my first therapy session and some self hypnosis and the three days of meds have been and gone, and I am certainly calmer than before however my anxiety is still there at the back of my head its now about controlling it rather than the anxiety basically crippling me as it was for the best part of a week. My IBS has calmed down considerably as a result although not completely as my anxiety isnt gone.

So this is to be a lifelong battle for me now, it would seem being made redundant from a job that I loved and enjoyed doing has effected me more than I thought, and as someone who has always been a worrier and anxious, it seems the effect has been to take those things over the edge as it were and has also triggered the IBS. The acid reflux is a sign of my weight although the stress doesnt help.

So im sharing this here simply because it really does me no good not to share these things anymore plus there is no sense in me pretending that I don't have a mild mental health issue (as the consultant told me) but even a mild mental health issue seems like a huge thing. So my thoughts do go out to anyone suffering from mental health issues from depression right through to the massive mental health issues. None of it is small and please for anyone who may be feeling low or suffering from anxiety dont suffer in silence speak to someone a GP, Family hell if you want to PM me. Your worries are valid dont dismiss them as silly you feel the way you do and its very real to you.

Finally as I am now slowly trying to understand and control my panic and anxiety I wish everyone here a Merry Christmas.

I think the new spirituality will be a spirituality that's not based on a particular dogma. And that steps away from the old spiritual paradigm that we have created on this planet, which comes from a thought that there is such a thing as being better.

Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:58 pm
Profile E-mail

I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas celebrations. I spent the day watching some TV and very old movies. Most of the time I fell asleep...not much fun around here. I hope 2017 will be a better year for all.

Hermano Luis

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:20 pm
Profile E-mail