View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:25 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Dreams 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: Dreams
Love! Under duress he gave away his potential. If a rip opened in the fabric of spacetime I would change places with him with out having to think about it. I would do it in less than a heartbeat. The pressure of knowing how unlikely this is is all consuming. I have experienced grief before, when my sister died. But now I am immersed in it. It is not self pity. It is the knowledge of the futility of the situation. There is nothing I can do to fix it.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:01 am
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
Love! Under duress he gave away his potential. If a rip opened in the fabric of spacetime I would change places with him with out having to think about it. I would do it in less than a heartbeat. The pressure of knowing how unlikely this is is all consuming. I have experienced grief before, when my sister died. But now I am immersed in it. It is not self pity. It is the knowledge of the futility of the situation. There is nothing I can do to fix it.

Do you not believe in an afterlife?

Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:07 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Dreams. Anyone want to share one?
Does anyone have a dream they want to share? It does not have to be a recent dream!

Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:16 pm
Profile E-mail

I am still me while I am here. And despite what I 'believe', I fervently hope I am wrong. Humans need fantasy to be human. I hope it is a delusion and I am wrong and that there really is nothing. Or what will occur will be something akin to the Parrot Sketch, with more militancy. And from what I have read, this bodes not well at all.

Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:55 am
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
I am still me while I am here. And despite what I 'believe', I fervently hope I am wrong. Humans need fantasy to be human. I hope it is a delusion and I am wrong and that there really is nothing. Or what will occur will be something akin to the Parrot Sketch, with more militancy. And from what I have read, this bodes not well at all.

You still did not answer my question.

Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:51 am
Profile E-mail

I don't believe in anything unproven. I am fairly certain of some things given my experience. I am also willing to work with suppositions based on what I have read. Some of my suppositions may appear to be contradictory. The only thing I am certain of is that I am mostly uncertain of anything. My memory is fallible and my experiences are relative. My way of being seems to unnerve some people. It doesn't bother me at all. Two things however that I am certain of. I endeavor to keep kindness as my watchword and I enjoy a good story.

Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:29 am
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
I don't believe in anything unproven. I am fairly certain of some things given my experience. I am also willing to work with suppositions based on what I have read. Some of my suppositions may appear to be contradictory. The only thing I am certain of is that I am mostly uncertain of anything. My memory is fallible and my experiences are relative. My way of being seems to unnerve some people. It doesn't bother me at all. Two things however that I am certain of. I endeavor to keep kindness as my watchword and I enjoy a good story.

You are very Socratic, my friend! And that is good way to be wise!!

Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:30 pm
Profile E-mail

I was reading something about the search for the garden of eden. The guide said something I thought was profound. "We used to be wise, then we settled for knowledge. Now we just have information. Like donkeys carrying books".

Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:40 pm
Profile E-mail

North West Iran by the way. Look for Tabriz.

Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:46 pm
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
I was reading something about the search for the garden of eden. The guide said something I thought was profound. "We used to be wise, then we settled for knowledge. Now we just have information. Like donkeys carrying books".

LOL!! I love this! I am going to share it with my mom!

Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:00 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next