View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:14 pm

Meditation & Mindfulness 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Meditation & Mindfulness
Who on here meditates and practices mindfulness?
Those who do - do you find it easy to shut your mind off?
Do you find it beneficial?
I ask because I've decided this year to do a course in meditation and though I've previously done guided meditations from cd's I've never actually just sat still and tried to do it myself without someone in the background taking me through it. I know right now I've a lot going on, dont we all, but I'm really struggling to even sit still. I hadnt realised just how fidgety I am and just how much my mind wanders. I dont know why I thought this would be easy because right now its not. I hope with practice I'll master it though.

Love, Life and energy to you

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:39 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Meditation & Mindfulness
Hi Lisa. I hope found the course rewarding. I have never done mindfulnes but it contains many things from other courses.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:10 pm
Profile E-mail

When I lost my grandson, the railway sent me to a shrink. She told me about the mindfulness thing. I lost the rag with her. I felt that my anguish was the level of love I had for him. I could not turn that off. I also felt that mindfulness was kind of self centered. I have always had a kind of Captain of the ship approach. I am only in charge so I can look after the crew. They are more important. Well the ship sank. And I am marooned. But it's a nice island.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:56 am
Profile E-mail

first of all,it isn't easy.second,try incorporating "mindfulness"into your daily chores(doing dishes,laundry,cleaning house,you get the idea)and just embrace the fact that your doing it(not why).

as always zen,you teach me something whether you mean to or not.i wish you the best.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:54 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Quick update. Still studying, still practising and still finding this more difficult than I first thought it would be (especially living in this household right now - a lot going on) but I do feel that for me it is and will be beneficial.

Thanks to all for your inputs and I hope you are all well or as well as can be x

Love, Life and energy to you

Tue May 08, 2018 6:55 pm
Profile E-mail