View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:50 am

Thinking of going to... 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Thinking of going to...
Not to be cryptic but why not its been a bit of time since I lasted posted due to a number of factors but mostly work, so in regards to my topic title I am thinking of going along to my local Unitarian Church service I've been speaking with a few members of the congregation there and it seems right up my ally and very huge broad church with very much no particular text but a respect for all.

Indeed several of the congregation come from a Jewish an Catholic background with Agnostics and Atheists as well, I'm intrigued and so will probably attend my first service there on the weekend or the next.

I just thought it was something to share.

I think the new spirituality will be a spirituality that's not based on a particular dogma. And that steps away from the old spiritual paradigm that we have created on this planet, which comes from a thought that there is such a thing as being better.

Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:30 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Thinking of going to...
Indeed. We await your report,

Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:26 pm
Profile E-mail

Sounds like it is going to be a really nice group of people!
Since people come from such diverse backgrounds, you will suffer the risk of someone trying to indoctrinate you in something you do not want!

But please stay in touch with us!
Do not forget us!

Rev Rob wrote:
Not to be cryptic but why not its been a bit of time since I lasted posted due to a number of factors but mostly work, so in regards to my topic title I am thinking of going along to my local Unitarian Church service I've been speaking with a few members of the congregation there and it seems right up my ally and very huge broad church with very much no particular text but a respect for all.

Indeed several of the congregation come from a Jewish an Catholic background with Agnostics and Atheists as well, I'm intrigued and so will probably attend my first service there on the weekend or the next.

Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:00 pm
Profile E-mail

I went to see Kris Kristofferson at the Unitarian chapel in London in February. He has holes in his boots. I suppose the going up really was worth the coming down.

Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:15 pm
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
I went to see Kris Kristofferson at the Unitarian chapel in London in February. He has holes in his boots. I suppose the going up really was worth the coming down.

I'm going to assume it was in concert.
Must have been fun!

Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:38 am
Profile E-mail

All on his own. He did his entire repertoire and a couple I had never heard before. One of the best evenings I have ever had. I used to sing his songs to myself when sitting on the bilge pump in the engine room pumping round all the machinery compartment bilges because no one could hear me there. That was like, 42 years ago.

Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:32 am
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
All on his own. He did his entire repertoire and a couple I had never heard before. One of the best evenings I have ever had. I used to sing his songs to myself when sitting on the bilge pump in the engine room pumping round all the machinery compartment bilges because no one could hear me there. That was like, 42 years ago.

:grin: :lol: :grin:
Do you have a good voice?

Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:11 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rev Rob wrote:

The Unitarians and the Quakers in the UK are both liberal and do not tell people what to believe and welcome all perspectives. I admire both organisations.

Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:14 am
Profile E-mail

Can't sing for toffee hence the engine room noise. Although I have won the occasional bottle of wine doing My Way at a Karaoke session but I think it might have been to make me Go Away.

Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:17 pm
Profile E-mail

Pete wrote:
Rev Rob wrote:

The Unitarians and the Quakers in the UK are both liberal and do not tell people what to believe and welcome all perspectives. I admire both organisations.

That's good to know.
You are part of the Quaker community, or am I wrong?

Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:39 pm
Profile E-mail