View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:30 pm

The best quote I have heard in a while ... 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: The best quote I have heard in a while ...
The Pledge just seems like short hand. The paper one is if you are not into the whole brevity thing. Same difference to me. A pledge is a promise. Liberty and justice are self explanatory.

Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:55 pm
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
The Pledge just seems like short hand. The paper one is if you are not into the whole brevity thing. Same difference to me. A pledge is a promise. Liberty and justice are self explanatory.

That is true.
But think about history, there have been many many times where certain groups of people did not have civil/legal rights.
This has happened in all societies, and still happens today.
We just do not see it. Think of Asia, think of Africa. In Japan, even if you are born there, but are not of Japanese heritage, you are not considered a citizen of the country. This keeps people of chinese and korean ancestry forever in a state of no legal citizenship.

Throughout history women have been considered inferior in all patriarchal societies.
And people love Darwin and Darwinism and evolution, but Darwin stated that the most intelligent woman would always be less intelligent than the least intelligent man.

I'm not saying it is right, I am just saying that it has always been.
Many cultures change. Some have not, and they are still functioning like in the middle ages.
Some people change with the times and the social changes, others dropped their brains in the past and refuse to go back and collect it!

Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:40 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lannah wrote:
Zen Dog wrote:

That is true.
But think about history, there have been many many times where certain groups of people did not have civil/legal rights.
This has happened in all societies, and still happens today.
We just do not see it. Think of Asia, think of Africa. In Japan, even if you are born there, but are not of Japanese heritage, you are not considered a citizen of the country. This keeps people of chinese and korean ancestry forever in a state of no legal citizenship.

Throughout history women have been considered inferior in all patriarchal societies.
And people love Darwin and Darwinism and evolution, but Darwin stated that the most intelligent woman would always be less intelligent than the least intelligent man.

I'm not saying it is right, I am just saying that it has always been.
Many cultures change. Some have not, and they are still functioning like in the middle ages.
Some people change with the times and the social changes, others dropped their brains in the past and refuse to go back and collect it!

Sadly very true. It is not long ago since we were not classed as citizens. We were called Subjects of the Queen. Our UK passports have changed nowadays.

Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:54 pm
Profile E-mail

My point was that if you make a public promise, which is what your constitution etc is, then you have a moral obligation to uphold it. Most other countries do not do this. France led the way. Liberté Égalité Fraternité.

Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:06 pm
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
My point was that if you make a public promise, which is what your constitution etc is, then you have a moral obligation to uphold it. Most other countries do not do this. France led the way. Liberté Égalité Fraternité.

I agree with you!

Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:05 pm
Profile E-mail