View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:48 pm

Things I want to do ... 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: Things I want to do ...
As you all know,
I mentioned that I wanted to lose weight so I could get back to my normal weight.
Due my
horribly busy and sedentary life (2 jobs for the last 9 years), I gained weight and developed diabetes.

So I started a diet in Mid May.
So it's been about 2 months 2 weeks.
I have lost 6.3 kilos (14 lbs).
My daily blood sugar readings have been within the normal range. Which is good.

I will be able to go to the doctor first week of October, to have blood work (A1c test).
I am curious about the diabetes.
I have a friend, Clarissa, and she lost lots of weight, and her diabetes cleared up!

That is my goal!
Hopefully!

Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:11 am
Profile E-mail

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: Things I want to do ...
Good Stuff Lannah, really well done. I know all too well what its like to gain weight, At 19 I was just fresh out of the British Army a long story one I'm sure I have gone through before but suffice to say me and the Army didn't really go together and it was more a case of me doing something I was told to do at that age when your not a child but have yet to make that first adult decision. (Leaving the Army was mine)

So I was lean (Not so mean ;) ) but a very nice weight over the next ten years due to lots of temp jobs and periods of being unemployed I have gained a ton of weight the phrase more chins than a Chinese Phone book does come to mind (no offence meant with that joke) and I have as a result got myself high blood pressure no other issues but with my weight where it is the potential is of course there.

Hence my frustration at not being able to train in Aikido but thats only part of it, for me the issue has always been the diet and exercise in the last ten years I have only really committed to one or the other of those two things, which as anyone who knows you need to do in conjunction to make the change and of course real self determination.

So much like you Lannah I am just about after speaking with my GP and other health professionals about to start a diet and exercise regime, the result of which are going to depend on me. But I appear to have gotten side tracked here. Well done Lannah I know how hard it can be keep going, anytime you want to talk diet and routine feel free you never know you might be able to give this fat man some pointers :)

But keep going and well done.

I think the new spirituality will be a spirituality that's not based on a particular dogma. And that steps away from the old spiritual paradigm that we have created on this planet, which comes from a thought that there is such a thing as being better.

Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:26 pm
Profile E-mail