View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 10:11 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Things I want to do ... 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: Things I want to do ...
Pete wrote:
Been trying to get fit for years. Each attempt never lasted long. It is much harder now I have a chronic back problem. I am told I have to retire. It was a choice of taking drugs that make me drowsy and have poor concentration or limit my life activity. Both paths were incompatible with my work as a Nurse. So I am officially retired as a Nurse. It has been a year since I went to work and we are no further forward. Started to offer my services in a limited way to an OXfam charity shop. It has put stopped my active keep fit plan. Just do my back exercises regularly to keep it going. SO I guess a Marathon is out of the question. :lol:

Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:03 am
Profile E-mail

I am not happy today.

Could not pick up Herman last night.
The turtle seller had a family emergency and told me he had to reschedule.

My grandson's birthday is in less than a month, and I wanted to get his tortoise well in advance, so I could take it to the veterinarian, to make sure it is healthy and happy. Also to make sure he is a boy!

I was reading that it is very difficult to sex a turtle that is not bigger than Herman is.

If he turns out to be a girl in the future, we can rename him Hermione!!

Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:23 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry about that Lannah. However, be careful with Turtles with the very young or very old as they have lots of salmonella which could be serious to some.

Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:58 pm
Profile E-mail

Pete wrote:
Sorry about that Lannah. However, be careful with Turtles with the very young or very old as they have lots of salmonella which could be serious to some.

Yes!
I've heard about that!

I explained it to Fernando, that he needs to wash his hands after handling it, and use hand sanitizer.

Also, the baby cannot have contact with it yet, she's 8 months.

Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:35 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

sounds like you have it in hand Lannah. However, I do not know about US advice but Salmonella can cause violent vomiting and diarrhea for about 7 davs. The young and old can be weak and suffer terrible dehydration and stomach pain. The very young often experiment and discover the world by trying to put things into their mouths. I would be cautious even after 8 months. I had it for 5 days as an adult. It was horrid. I could not hold any food down for 5 days and felt very weak and ill. I just wanted it to stop. I would be very worried if this happened to a baby.

Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:48 am
Profile E-mail

Pete wrote:
sounds like you have it in hand Lannah. However, I do not know about US advice but Salmonella can cause violent vomiting and diarrhea for about 7 davs. The young and old can be weak and suffer terrible dehydration and stomach pain. The very young often experiment and discover the world by trying to put things into their mouths. I would be cautious even after 8 months. I had it for 5 days as an adult. It was horrid. I could not hold any food down for 5 days and felt very weak and ill. I just wanted it to stop. I would be very worried if this happened to a baby.

Ouch!
That sounds horrible!
Years ago, one of my colleagues, her grandson got salmonella, he was 12 months.
Was violently ill, and was in the hospital for weeks!
I remember she was horribly concerned!
I think the little boy would have died, had we lived in the past, without hospital care!

Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:51 pm
Profile E-mail

I have started a diet.

I want to get back to my normal weight!

It is a sensible diet, not something crazy where you starve yourself!

I will report weekly!

Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:18 pm
Profile E-mail

I'm not overweight, I am under tall.But I started the cabbage soup two days ago and have lost 3lbs.

Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:44 am
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
I'm not overweight, I am under tall.But I started the cabbage soup two days ago and have lost 3lbs.

I like that ... undertall .... :lol:

I did the cabbage diet years ago and almost died!
Not enough food! Almost fainted!!!

I'm keeping a food journal.
Writing down everything I eat, so I can be accountable for my choices.

I am eating meat, fish, eggs, cheese, bacon and sausages (so all meats) and all sorts of non-starchy vegetables.
I'm eating fruit too.
I eliminated salad dressing and I am using mayonaise instead, has NO carbs, plus I love it.

I take multivitamins everyday and fish oil.

I also take: grapeseed oil, olive oil and walnut oil - since the US diet lacks good oils, I added those to my diet.

I am also drinking diet soda, every once in a while, and also, once in a while -low carb ice cream.

I am drinking between 8 - 11 glasses of water.

I eliminated flour, since I am allergic to gluten, although here it is so hard to stay away from it, for the entire culture's diet is wheat based!

I feel good!

Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:13 am
Profile E-mail

I am off to bed now!

It is 3:13 am here.

I got home from work at 2:12am.

I gotta go back to work tomorrow at 12:00 noon.
Going early.
My co-worker is in the process of adopting a 3 year old little girl, and she has court tomorrow!

:wave:

Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:14 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next