View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:48 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Love is ... 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: Love is ...
This is #12

LOVE IS...
being willing to always ask for forgiveness and always being committed to grant forgiveness when it is requested.

Sat May 28, 2016 12:41 am
Profile E-mail

Love is..........never having to say you're sorry. Love Story, Ryan O'Neil and Ali McGraw.

Sat May 28, 2016 12:44 am
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
Love is..........never having to say you're sorry. Love Story, Ryan O'Neil and Ali McGraw.

That's very bad advice.
I remember I was a child when the movie came out, and it made no sense to me even back then!
If you hurt someone you love, definitely apologize and make amends!

Sat May 28, 2016 1:37 am
Profile E-mail

Well I think it means not hurting them in the first place. In any case, I'm not implying I liked the movie but the theme tune is good. Andy Williams I think. Why I remember it is because it was the Royal premier that year and Henley, my home town, got it second. It was shown as a midnight matinee in which persons of note who then and now populate Henley's environs, George Clooney has just moved in down the road in Sonning, next door to Uri Geller who immediately cleared off back to Israel, were invited to attend at extortionate cost and the money went to charity. Why I saw it is because by tradition the local Sea Cadet band, I was the lead drummer, played on the steps outside and then played the National Anthem on stage before the movie. It was an old fashioned art deco cinema complete with organ. Then we got to sit in the front row, which were the worst seats because you had to lean your head right back to see the screen.

Sat May 28, 2016 6:12 pm
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
Well I think it means not hurting them in the first place. In any case, I'm not implying I liked the movie but the theme tune is good. Andy Williams I think. Why I remember it is because it was the Royal premier that year and Henley, my home town, got it second. It was shown as a midnight matinee in which persons of note who then and now populate Henley's environs, George Clooney has just moved in down the road in Sonning, next door to Uri Geller who immediately cleared off back to Israel, were invited to attend at extortionate cost and the money went to charity. Why I saw it is because by tradition the local Sea Cadet band, I was the lead drummer, played on the steps outside and then played the National Anthem on stage before the movie. It was an old fashioned art deco cinema complete with organ. Then we got to sit in the front row, which were the worst seats because you had to lean your head right back to see the screen.

LOL!
You have most certainly had the most interesting life!

And yes, it would be nice if we could live in a world where we never hurt those whom we love, and were not hurt by those who love us ...
But that is not where we reside.
We reside where things get messed up and we accidently hurt, or get hurt, and sometimes some people purposefully hurt those they love, or love them. This of course, does not make sense to me.
The accidental hurting does, no one is perfect.

Sat May 28, 2016 7:37 pm
Profile E-mail

Richard Bach poses the philosophical question of not hurting others in the Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah. What would you do to alleviate the suffering of a starving vampire?

Sat May 28, 2016 9:40 pm
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
Richard Bach poses the philosophical question of not hurting others in the Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah. What would you do to alleviate the suffering of a starving vampire?

LOL!
Get her a bag of blood from the blood bank!

Sat May 28, 2016 10:21 pm
Profile E-mail

Your answer speaks volumes. But the conjectured situation was constructed so that there was no alternative to the obvious which illustrated the point as Linus Rawlings said about meeting a bear on a mountain path, "There just ain't no way of avoiding the situation".

Sun May 29, 2016 10:43 am
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
Your answer speaks volumes. But the conjectured situation was constructed so that there was no alternative to the obvious which illustrated the point as Linus Rawlings said about meeting a bear on a mountain path, "There just ain't no way of avoiding the situation".

Hmmm...
What would you do if you had a vampire friend in that pickle of a situation?

Mon May 30, 2016 11:23 pm
Profile E-mail

Well he would only be my friend if he was a Black Ribboner.

Tue May 31, 2016 7:31 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next