View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:49 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Choices we have made in our lives 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: Choices we have made in our lives
That is so amazing.
I cannot imagine a world like that.

The first news article I read this morning when I turned on the web, was of this poor man who just got arrested for killing his sick wife, for they could not longer afford the medicine she was on.

BROKE :sob: my heart and made me think of our conversations!!!

Fri May 20, 2016 1:35 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

The only reason the US does not have an NHS is because of the republicans. The US pays more per head on health care then the UK does and yet many people cannot get that support or are uninsurable.

Fri May 20, 2016 1:43 pm
Profile E-mail

Pete wrote:
The only reason the US does not have an NHS is because of the republicans. The US pays more per head on health care then the UK does and yet many people cannot get that support or are uninsurable.

I agree with you.
The mentality over here is: "I have mine. You go and get yours, and if you cannot, that's your problem, not mine."

Also, I've heard people here say that "health insurance is a privilege, not a right" !!!!
That blows my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to say "WHAT"!!!!!!!!!!!! And who decided who is wonderfully superior and has the grace of that privilege????

Sat May 21, 2016 3:40 pm
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
Being diabetic, I get every thing free. I am on two lots of blood pressure pills. The max is three months supply which means I have to return to Blighty for resupply. Walmart, on the other hand can supply my requirements, from India, for £600 per year, which is a lot cheaper than the fuel, ferry and tolls. I am having to weigh up the risk factor of slipping my tether to the NHS. If they find out you spend most of your time abroad, you become a pariah. I've just remembered, I had trouble signing on at a Dr's surgery in 1979 because I had just left the navy and wasn't in the system. The secretary treated me like I had left the country and kept asking me where I had been and why I was returning.

Don't you just love concrete thinkers!
They make life quite confusing!

Right now at this stage of your life, you are not living abroad, no?
Therefore you should not have issues of not being considered a resident!

How long have you been diabetic?

Sat May 21, 2016 3:53 pm
Profile E-mail

I am not living abroad, I am on holiday. Although, sitting here typing this in my covered veranda with the rain hammering down as if the Bay of Biscay is coming ashore for some leave, I'm wondering if I should have just bought a narrowboat after all. I have been diabetic for five or six years but my blood sugar is so low, because I read packaging and don't take sugar in anything, basically treating it like a poison, that at my last check up the doctor said I might be able to stop taking the metformin.

Sun May 22, 2016 6:55 am
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
I am not living abroad, I am on holiday. Although, sitting here typing this in my covered veranda with the rain hammering down as if the Bay of Biscay is coming ashore for some leave, I'm wondering if I should have just bought a narrowboat after all. I have been diabetic for five or six years but my blood sugar is so low, because I read packaging and don't take sugar in anything, basically treating it like a poison, that at my last check up the doctor said I might be able to stop taking the metformin.

How cool! Hope you can! I expect you probably lost weight when you cut down all the sugar!

That is a great life choice you have made and it is paying off! Woo hoo! :clap:

Thu May 26, 2016 1:52 am
Profile E-mail

Where are you that it is raining so much???? :huh:

Thu May 26, 2016 1:54 am
Profile E-mail

I would probably lose weight if I became t-total, I have before but the wine etc does what shrinks can't. It keeps me sane, for a given value of sanity. My daughter accuses me of being a functioning alcoholic. What ever. It keeps the darkness at bay. I am on the outskirts of a small seaside town called Montalivet les Bains. There is a monument on the sea front to HMS Tuna. The submarine that dropped off the Cockleshell Heroes (IMDB) during operation Frankton. I play sport most afternoons if you can describe boules as a sport. It mostly involves lobbing some cannon balls about and then standing around talking about it. The sunsets here are awesome. It is 06h25 here (GMT+2) and all I can hear is the sea roaring in the distance and a couple of birds tweeting. From what I gather, it is quite womb like. Shame this is an illusion. I could quite get to like it. Back to Blighty on Sunday. Do you live anywhere near the Alamo?

Thu May 26, 2016 5:38 am
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
I would probably lose weight if I became t-total, I have before but the wine etc does what shrinks can't. It keeps me sane, for a given value of sanity. My daughter accuses me of being a functioning alcoholic. What ever. It keeps the darkness at bay. I am on the outskirts of a small seaside town called Montalivet les Bains. There is a monument on the sea front to HMS Tuna. The submarine that dropped off the Cockleshell Heroes (IMDB) during operation Frankton. I play sport most afternoons if you can describe boules as a sport. It mostly involves lobbing some cannon balls about and then standing around talking about it. The sunsets here are awesome. It is 06h25 here (GMT+2) and all I can hear is the sea roaring in the distance and a couple of birds tweeting. From what I gather, it is quite womb like. Shame this is an illusion. I could quite get to like it. Back to Blighty on Sunday. Do you live anywhere near the Alamo?

In spite of the rain, it sounds lovely!

Yes, I live about 2 hours away from the Alamo. Are you wanting to see it?

Fri May 27, 2016 1:05 am
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
My daughter accuses me of being a functioning alcoholic. What ever. It keeps the darkness at bay.

What is your daughter's name?
Mine is Gabriela, I call her Gabi. She is 24.

Over here when people are suffering from depression or anxiety and use wine of alcohol it's called "self medicating".
Instead of drugs from the doctor, it is something that takes the edge of the ________________ (fill in the blank).
The bad thing is the possibility of damage to internal organs in the long run.
But you know that!

Fri May 27, 2016 1:12 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next