View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 12:56 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
Apologises 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Apologises
This is not an attempt to reopen a locked topic but rather I would just like to state at no point over the course of the possible avenue topic was I attempting to impose my will on anyone. I simply had a thought and discussed it and enjoyed the debate and talking point with others. I will also note I simply stated that given the concerns and worries over certain things that it would be best to leave be until such a time as more may have been interested in said idea.

Also the idea mentioned was not the end all or be all but rather just one of many avenue of exploration if there was consensus, well there wasn't so as far as I was concerned end of. I however would like to apologise if anyone thought I was trying to impose my will on anyone, I was not.

I have no desire to anything of the sort and I will admit to being somewhat frustrated at being told that the topic was trying to impose anything on anyone it was a set of discussion and debate about the topic why some were for and why some were against which sounds like a debate to me, and as debates go wasn't even heated.

I felt I made my points others made their points well, and that was it. Clearly somewhere someone felt it was getting out of control I don't see that however the Admin clearly feels it did. This has made me aware that some of my points in the discussion may have been seen as trying to impose some sort of change. Again I can not apologise enough if anyone at any point felt like that as I have said I just thought it was a good discussion and debate.

But once again apologies to anyone who did not see it as a discussion.

I think the new spirituality will be a spirituality that's not based on a particular dogma. And that steps away from the old spiritual paradigm that we have created on this planet, which comes from a thought that there is such a thing as being better.

Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:52 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Apologises
Hi Rob I cannot answer you without opening the topic again. I have no intention of doing that. I think therefore it is time for us both to move on. Sorry but that is all I can offer. I hope you remain with us. I have enjoyed many of your posts and I believe you have a good heart and I respect that. However the topic has to remain closed.

Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:34 pm
Profile E-mail

Nor am I asking you to, I already have my own thoughts on the who and why and that confirms it. I think personally a PM would have been the more measured approach but hey ho it wasn't and what is done is done at this point I too now consider the matter closed along with that topic.

I will at this stage I think be somewhat less active here, and probably less inclined to give ideas (whether that was anyone's intent or not doesn't really matter) quite frankly I use the forum as a place for discussion with like minded people and to have a good debate or discussion, not to be accused of imposing my will upon others (as has been heavily implied).

I have to deal with on a day to day basis a whole host of public bodies and the needs that they have and get enough stress through that I really don't need that in what was just a place for me to discuss and debate online within the context of being a ULC minister within the UK. So why I will still be about I will comment and post on topics I may want to add to.

I don't really at this point feel like being someone who brings up various topics for discussion less someone again misconstrues what I write as me trying to impose my will on anyone (Im sorry but that has really put my nose out of joint, it is something that those who know me would call rubbish I have never ever sough to impose my will on anything and clearly the gap between how I would say something and my writing is bigger than I thought)

So I will leave it at that.

I think the new spirituality will be a spirituality that's not based on a particular dogma. And that steps away from the old spiritual paradigm that we have created on this planet, which comes from a thought that there is such a thing as being better.

Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:07 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gentlemen, thank you for your input on this thread.

My reason for locking the other thread was that I have received messages asking for intervention.

Rev Rob, I apologise if my words in my feedback were harsh. You are a valuable member of this forum and I hope you continue to be so for a long time.

Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:06 pm
Profile E-mail

But don't mention the war.

Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:03 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Okay it was me.However if there is to be any changes to the function of the forum or use of the name, then it needs be discussed with you Neil and not just me. After all Neil it is you who foots all the bills and the buck stops with. There are somethings I cannot give the last word on. Without you Neil and Paul there would of been no forum here or it would of been very different and much less. I remain very grateful.

Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:50 pm
Profile E-mail

The forum needs to remain a forum.
That is what attracts those of us who come here and post here.
Being able to share with like minded individuals.
Being a sounding board for new ideas or new perceptions, or worries or issues in our lives.

Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:09 pm
Profile E-mail

I have already said all I am going to say on this here and on the locked thread, it was never about changing the forum it was simply a thought and an idea one that has now been talked about and clearly gotten out of control. With people believing me of trying to impose some sort change on the forum and not listening to me repeatedly stating I had no such goal.

It's done the idea was discussed and thats it end of, this thread was just meant to apologise primarily to Pete and explain what he feared was not my intent and that it was to me an over reaction. Yes it has put my nose out of joint, yes I am now taking a step back from posting thoughts and topics and yes that is directly related to this.

But for the final time re-read what I put in the original thread re-read what I have said here, and let me reiterate for the last time I never wanted change to this forum full stop I just wanted a discussion I got one and there was a misunderstanding this thread is an apology to those who felt my intent was to change this forum Pete being the main person in my mind. (Now since he has confirmed it, which by the way I thank you for doing but I had already guessed as much but still I respect you for writing that)

Also for me to defend what my intent was and to make it clear my intentions and that locking of said thread was an over reaction but with the misunderstanding I can sort of understand but a PM would have probably been a more reasonable course of action in my mind. So that's it as far as I am concerned whats done is done.

Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:07 pm
Profile E-mail

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum.

Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:08 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thank you all for your input. I consider the subject closed now.

Please continue to use the forum as you see fit and I wish you all a long, happy and prosperous life.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:50 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]