View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:03 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Bedroom Tax: Plea for advice. 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: Bedroom Tax: Plea for advice.
It is mean (imo). It is cruel and some have been threatened with homelessness or having to go into care because of it.

Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:22 pm
Profile E-mail

If it is being used by a carer it is not empty. And being put in a care home is a lot more expensive.

Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:55 pm
Profile E-mail

Pete wrote:
It is mean (imo). It is cruel and some have been threatened with homelessness or having to go into care because of it.

This is bass - awkwards!

Who came up with this?

Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:55 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

A rich political party called the Conservatives. A bit like the US republicans. If your privileged, rich and powerful, it is hard for some to understand what it is to be poor, vulnerable, scared, struggling, and in need of support. No one wants support and it screams in agony and tears internally to ask but they are being met with a cold brick wall of indifference. Fancy words in parliament and to hell with the consequences of what it means for others.
Sorry but that is how I feel about the Conservatives. A reason I do not like to talk about it here. I fear a spiritual forum becoming a political soapbox..

Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:22 pm
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
If it is being used by a carer it is not empty. And being put in a care home is a lot more expensive.

I agree with this! If you have a carer in the room, why would it be considered "empty" when in reality it is not?

Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:01 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Some people cannot make exceptions no matter what the situation is.

Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:35 am
Profile E-mail

I don't follow! Perhaps they are too honest? When it comes to British bureaucracy I can lie and cheat like a politician.

Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:13 pm
Profile E-mail

I'm sorry.
I do not mean to open a can of worms!
Over here Conservatives (Republicans) tend to be mean-spirited.
Not all, I've known very good people who are conservatives that really value people and are dedicated to helping out their fellow man.
They tend to be genuinely religious people who have connected with the deeper meaning of "love thy neighbor as yourself".

The Conservative/Republicans that tend to be mean-spirited over here tend to be those who are very rich, and who are non-religious.
There are non-religious conservatives in the US.
They are anti-gay.
Anti-education, except for their own children.
Anti-services for the general population. They and their own have, so no one else should have.

I'm sure you all have seen how are Senate just does not play nice with each other.
It is very sad, for the regular person (people like us) is the one who ends up suffering.

Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:06 am
Profile E-mail

Over here, all politicians of any hue, IMO, are mean spirited self serving two faced liars who follow one political dogma or another. We just have to gamble on which of them is the least worse at any given time. I heard yesterday that they are about to cut the police budget by 25% whilst still supporting the Indian space program. Our police force is half that of France which has a similar population. Our membership fees for the EU could build about 17 new hospitals, every year. This country is becoming more and more like Terry Gilliams Brazil every day. And Lannah, sorry but I have no idea what goes on in your senate. All I can gather from the meager amount of American current affairs I expose myself to is that it is noisier than the bunch of clowns we have in Westminster.

Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:29 am
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
And Lannah, sorry but I have no idea what goes on in your senate. All I can gather from the meager amount of American current affairs I expose myself to is that it is noisier than the bunch of clowns we have in Westminster.

They are very noisy.
And the more conservative the noisier and more mean spirited.
And full of hatred. It is weird to see and hear. Politics is a service "profession" so if you hate your "clients" you seem to have quite a problem.
Most politicians are rich, come from rich families, or became rich in the process of being politician, and have lost touch with the needs and plights of real people."

Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:09 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next