View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:09 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Sometimes 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: Sometimes
Ananta Androscoggin wrote:
It's a long way from unknown in this country for the wife-beating abusers to BE clergymen. You see it in the news several times every year, and occasionally ends when the wife does the abuser in.

This happens in the US too.
But the thing is that spousal abuse has existed since the beginning of time and in all cultures.
In patriarchal countries men tend to abuse more often, and you do get cases where women are the abusers.
Although women can be emotional abusers. Need not lift a finger to be mean and hurtful.

The number one cause of non-medical causes of death for women (including pregnant ones) in the US and in the Uk is their man (husband, boyfriend, ex-husband/boyfriend).
I read an article written by an English obstetrician,
and she was saying that she has delivered newborn babies with broken bones,
due to beatings the fathers have given the pregnant mother!!

That has to give one pause ...

Sat May 14, 2016 8:54 pm
Profile E-mail

Sometimes I regret that they abolished flogging.

Sun May 15, 2016 1:50 pm
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
Sometimes I regret that they abolished flogging.

I SO agree with you!

Mon May 16, 2016 7:28 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tthere is also a strong relationship between wife beating and child abuse. Wife Abusers often abuse their children too. I also saw on the Victoria Derbyshire show this morning that there is an increase in ministers accusing children of being witches. They then blame them for every wrong and attempt to exorcism on them. Such ceremonies may include rubbing chilli into the childs eyes and genetal areas or torturing them until the witch spirit is exorcised. Somebare also sending their children abroad for such ceremonies. Some religions should not be allowed near families and some ministers should be jailed for preach such horrors.

Mon May 16, 2016 12:06 pm
Profile E-mail

Pete wrote:
Tthere is also a strong relationship between wife beating and child abuse. Wife Abusers often abuse their children too. I also saw on the Victoria Derbyshire show this morning that there is an increase in ministers accusing children of being witches. They then blame them for every wrong and attempt to exorcism on them. Such ceremonies may include rubbing chilli into the childs eyes and genetal areas or torturing them until the witch spirit is exorcised. Somebare also sending their children abroad for such ceremonies. Some religions should not be allowed near families and some ministers should be jailed for preach such horrors.

This is so sad.
Over here a family let their little boy die of hunger, he was 4. Because their church leader said he was possessed. By not feeding him, they were expecting the demon to leave the body.
Little guy died.

Mon May 16, 2016 8:50 pm
Profile E-mail

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the last witch was executed here in about 1750. In Dumbarton Main street. Where I used to live.

Mon May 16, 2016 8:51 pm
Profile E-mail

Have you heard of Mrs. Mary Martin?
A medium, who was of grandmotherly age, who was imprisoned, I think in 1944, and accused of witchcraft?
She wasn't executed,
but she was treated so badly in jail, and beaten so much, than when she was finally released, she did not live very long.

I found this:

The last execution for witchcraft in England was in 1684, when Alice Molland was hanged in Exeter.

James I's statute was repealed in 1736 by George II.

In Scotland, the church outlawed witchcraft in 1563 and 1,500 people were executed, the last, Janet Horne, in 1722.

Mon May 16, 2016 10:15 pm
Profile E-mail

I have heard of the first, she was jailed because she apparently communicated with dead sailors whose ship had not been declared sunk for security reasons. The government jailed her to shut her up. The 1722 execution was the one I was thinking of I think.

Mon May 16, 2016 10:32 pm
Profile E-mail

So, what are you supposed to be doing instead of talking to me? :cool:

Mon May 16, 2016 10:37 pm
Profile E-mail

Woops. :roll:

Mon May 16, 2016 10:39 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next