View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:59 am

Sometimes 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: Sometimes
Zen Dog wrote:
I have heard of the first, she was jailed because she apparently communicated with dead sailors whose ship had not been declared sunk for security reasons. The government jailed her to shut her up. The 1722 execution was the one I was thinking of I think.

You are correct on both things.

Last edited by Lannah on Mon May 16, 2016 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 16, 2016 10:46 pm
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
So, what are you supposed to be doing instead of talking to me? :cool:

I answer the phones and write down names and numbers of people who call, and reason for the calls.
I also deal with angry customers, and refer them to different people who can help them out.

I also wait for walk in customers to come in, to pick up their metal license plates for cars they have bought within the last 5 weeks. It takes 4-6 weeks for the metal plates to come in. I give those to the people, and get someone to help them put them on.

For new sales, I print out temporary paper license plates.
So business ebbs and flows.

I wanted to run away earlier today!
But it settled down.

Had to send 2 customers to our corporate office, for my managers here did not want to help them out, and I have no power of any kind to help people out, other than trying to connect them to someone who could help them.

I get frustrated at times!

Mon May 16, 2016 10:50 pm
Profile E-mail

Having worked on the railway for 35 years I understand what it is like to have to deal with irate people. Once, when I was at London Paddington, walking along the platform to get to the cab I was set upon by an irate passenger. The London Underground was on strike. Nothing to do with us. Different organisation, different union. I listened to his diatribe for a moment and then informed him I was going to add to his woes by returning to the mess as I was now too stressed and therefore unsafe to drive him home. And I did. Number plates here are made of plastic and are made on demand, with a machine behind the counter. You need your documents and the company needs to be liscenced but it is straight forward.

Mon May 16, 2016 11:11 pm
Profile E-mail

Sorry to have to leave you but it is Tuesday here and I had plans to go and buy wood tomorrow/today to do some work on my veranda. I have been keeping myself refreshed with the occasional pastis and at this rate I am not going to surface until the French have started their lunch three hours. Be back tomorrow/today/tonight.

Mon May 16, 2016 11:39 pm
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
Sorry to have to leave you but it is Tuesday here and I had plans to go and buy wood tomorrow/today to do some work on my veranda. I have been keeping myself refreshed with the occasional pastis and at this rate I am not going to surface until the French have started their lunch three hours. Be back tomorrow/today/tonight.

No worries!

"See" you later on today (in the UK)
&
"see" you tomorrow (in the US)!

Sleep sweet! :wave:

Tue May 17, 2016 12:37 am
Profile E-mail