View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:49 pm

Sometimes 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Sometimes
Sometimes some people leave me speechless due to their ignorance. Catholic Archbishop Blames Disobedient Wives For Domestic Violence - See more at: -http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2016/01/catholic-archbishop-blames-disobedient-wives-for-domestic-violence/#sthash.UlkgXnZX.dpuf

Lets not forget that there is also a strong association between domestic abuse and child abuse. Research has shown that they work hand in hand. We do not need an ignorant Catholic Priest sticking his nose into to something he has no idea of. I am sure he will quote the bible and the church's teaching on the subject but this has nothing to do with reality.
It is also known that one can get battered husbands too. I suppose that is according to them not obeying their wives.
No! No! No! Domestic violence is a serious crime and has no place in a civilised society. I am not sure some priests have either. Their history of family values and child abuse cover ups and blaming gay people for them have not been their greatest moments.
Archbishop Braulio Rodriguez is a prize idiot (imo).
Sorry for the rant. mmm! No I guess I am not.

Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:47 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Sometimes
It is true: there are a lot of Roman Catholic Priests that ignore what the real problems of marriage are. But I have notice the same thing in other Christian communities, and in other none Christian religions. I honestly believe that many of minister-priests of the different religion have a limited understanding of married life. That also includes married ministers.

I understand that violence in the home has many causes. Few churches have taken serious interest in dealing with the real problems in marriage. Probably it is time for the ministers and priests to periodically visit the members of the churches at their homes. Let us not simply put the blame of the problem in the wife or the husband.

To be honest, all churches need to change.

Hermano Luis

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:53 pm
Profile E-mail

It's people who need to change. They need to evolve, for our sake as well as theirs. They need to learn to temper their arrogance. Mental illness though is also a factor. Some people have an innate inability to communicate. Their frustration is often expressed through violent action. But mostly, I think, the cause is just ignorant arrogance.

Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:28 am
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
It's people who need to change. They need to evolve, for our sake as well as theirs. They need to learn to temper their arrogance. Mental illness though is also a factor. Some people have an innate inability to communicate. Their frustration is often expressed through violent action. But mostly, I think, the cause is just ignorant arrogance.

I totally agree with you.
We have a big problem in the US with domestic violence.
And it comes in all colors and flavors.
It is not limited to the religious/Christian community.
We have a lot of post-Christians that are hyper-masculine, and anti-woman and anti-gays.
They are anti-religion, but are very much into the old school type of patriarchy that allowed mistreating those seen as inferior. They see themselves (the males) as automatically superior.

It is really sad.

Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:19 am
Profile E-mail

Ah! Manifest destiny mk11.

Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:30 am
Profile E-mail

Correction. MkII.

Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:22 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Zen. Please expand for those like me who do not know of MkII.
Thanks

Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:57 pm
Profile E-mail

Lannah described a certain type of male arrogant dominance. I just equated it with the 19th century principle in the US of Manifest Destiny. The belief that White Anglo Saxon Protestants should not only own people they considered inferior, contrary to their declaration of independence, but that native inhabitants of lands that they coveted should be removed else where or eradicated. I think that when Napoleon sold them Louisiana, the Spanish/Mexicans should have started worrying. Because within about 40 years they lost half their country. Sea to shining sea. Once you know the details, Woody Guthries song pales a little.

Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:57 pm
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
Lannah described a certain type of male arrogant dominance. I just equated it with the 19th century principle in the US of Manifest Destiny. The belief that White Anglo Saxon Protestants should not only own people they considered inferior, contrary to their declaration of independence, but that native inhabitants of lands that they coveted should be removed else where or eradicated. I think that when Napoleon sold them Louisiana, the Spanish/Mexicans should have started worrying. Because within about 40 years they lost half their country. Sea to shining sea. Once you know the details, Woody Guthries song pales a little.

Yup!
My country, Puerto Rico, was one of those places that got swallowed up in the whole: you are inferior, you cannot govern yourself, we are the great white daddy that will take care of you! We'll take all the educated Puerto Ricans out of office, regardless of their schooling and experience, and replace them with white men from the US.

If they could have, they would have taken all of Mexico! And would have continued going south.
It is very, very, very sad.
And disrespectful to other people.

Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:12 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow! I can see how they are a bit like the Nazis were. Complete ignorant horrors. Was that the UK? I know we have been involved in some terrible things in history. Slavery for one and invading any country with something the UK wanted for another.

Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:48 am
Profile E-mail