View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:07 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
A possible Avenue? 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: A possible Avenue?
I think the forum should remain a forum and discussion group for ULC members and ministers.
As for charities, ULC ministers should be able to initiate support for worthy charity causes, posting the details of the cause for others to become involved with if they wish. Again this should not impact on the forum. If a group of ULC ministers do decide to get involved with a charity, especially on a fund raising venture, this could be good publicity for the Church.
The 'accessibility' point I was making was more about having a facility for people to discuss matters with Ministers. As we are an open church I think we would be quite attractive to some people in this way.
I agree in the 'no hierarchy' point of view. I was active in supporting the Occupy movement and found this really refreshing.

Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:22 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Please do not get me wrong. I support charities with the Quakers charities, the Red Cross, and other charities. I just give because that is what I personally choose to do. As I am not working it is harder at present but I still try to keep them up. That said I do not ask others to give to anything unless they personally choose too. I personally feel we need a more caring government who helped people rather than giving just tax breaks to the rich. This I believe would help solve some of the need for charities. The escalating homelessness and need for food banks and the suffering of some people is disgusting (imo). This in a country that proudly boasts it is the fifth largest economy. There is so much poverty in the world and so much is owned by the wealthy. It disturbs me and so I give. That said I feel the forum needs to be separate from charities but I have no problem with people advertising charities and charitable functions on the forum. Maybe We need to add a part of the forum for this.

Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:21 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

This forum was set up for Ministers to congregate and share opinions. When a minority attempts to make their will the only voice that is heard, I will intervene.

If there is an item that is policy based I will allow some grace. However, as there has been no date set for an internet meeting to discuss this I am going to lock this topic. I will remove any future attempts to open a "charity" thread.

All members, please be aware; any attempt to resurrect this topic will receive a warning, subsequent attempts will be permanently banned.

If you wish to organise an online meeting you will be able to do this via PM and then move it outside the forum. Also please remember to be polite! Any complaints about PMs or e-mails will be dealt with by a ban.

Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:38 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5