View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:58 pm

Scientology 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Scientology
I recently watched a very interesting documentary on this, and I am wary of what I type given the prevalence Scientology has for suing people who think differently or have any criticism of them.

But it was a very illuminating documentary for those interested its called going clear inspired by the book of the same name, but in general what do you guys think.

I think the new spirituality will be a spirituality that's not based on a particular dogma. And that steps away from the old spiritual paradigm that we have created on this planet, which comes from a thought that there is such a thing as being better.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:25 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Scientology
I guess it comes down people are free to believe what they want but are these followers really free. I think not.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:16 am
Profile E-mail

From my reading of Scientology books, and the various articles that have gone around about them, I believe that it is set up to be a Pyramid Blackmail Scheme.

Blessings, both Bright and Dark,
Ananta Androscoggin

Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

I understand that they started using psychological techniques and charging money for them. People who put up the most money got to higher levels of testing that those on a poor income could not afford. All these techniques are available in know yourself and self awareness books. The techniques they use are now outdated and you do not need a church to supply them or be sent on a guilt trip for not applying for them or applying them to ones life. You do not even need to be in a church.
I just see this as another of those crank groups telling people they have secret knowledge that only they can supply. Just like many repressive groups most are claiming that which they cannot justify with any proof except there is a group of fanatics saying something is so. However, in my view that does not make it so.

Wed May 06, 2015 10:06 am
Profile E-mail

Well the higher level stuff is something that kind of gets away from that self help stuff, at about OT 3 or Operating Thetan 3 you get an idea of the creation myth in Scientology and it branches into the kind of stuff people widely satire Scientology for, (Yes Xenu).

I have avoided bringing up this because one normally gets threatened with a law suit when bringing this part of Scientology up or with the ex members interviewed during the documentary accused of not understanding and being a suppressive person which is their version of shunning a person.

Once we get into the higher levels of it we start to hear more and more about the Xenu stuff and the former galactic confederacy (given that L Ron Hubbard still holds the Guinness world record for most published scfi author it's not surprising this enters into it) I actually don't have an issue with that, if people choose to believe that and they act like decent human beings that's fine.

However there have been other controversies addressed in the documentary relating to abuse and the splitting up of families and violence I do have a problem although another thing is the way they "sell" any religion that claims as Scientology does to be about peace love joy a better tomorrow really shouldn't have any need to charge the money they do.

Such knowledge would benefit the world by being well known, the money and charging aspect is what always made alarm bells go off for me, I digress people look for answers and some have found them within Scientology if they are genuinely happy and living good lives then I am glad.

However this documentary really does shine a light and say "But are they really, look at this without preconceived ideas, initially it doesn't appear all that bad but look as it has grown here is x,y,z this happened these former members are very recent members some of them very high up, one lady had reached the highest level you could. They all say the same thing, I thought I was happy but deep down I was lied to (this lady had not seen her daughter or grandchild for 4 years or around that because Scientology had named her and her husband a suppressive persons due to wanting to expose abuse).

So I have no problem in what people wish to believe so along as they are decent human beings it's more the practices that allegedly take place (I use the world allegedly so if any scientologist does come across this, I have clarified that it is alleged plus sue me for what I've got no money).

It is however a documentary worth viewing and very interesting.

I think the new spirituality will be a spirituality that's not based on a particular dogma. And that steps away from the old spiritual paradigm that we have created on this planet, which comes from a thought that there is such a thing as being better.

Wed May 06, 2015 4:36 pm
Profile E-mail

Those little "e-meters" they use to worm confessions out of their paying victims "In order to make them 'clear,'" are nothing more than about half of the circuitry of a Lie Detector machine from an earlier period.

Blessings, both Bright and Dark,
Ananta Androscoggin

Thu May 07, 2015 3:28 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Scientologists are welcome on this forum. They are free to express an opinion. That does not mean I personally endorse that opinion. It is just that we are a universal church. However any threats to sue someone for expressing a respectful opinion will mean that the person concerned will be banned. It will be no use attempting to sue the forum because I have no money and neither has the forum. It must be noted that that on universal forum we may not all share the same opinion. If a person cannot take a respect challenge then I recommend they do not join the forum.We are hear to learn from each other and that cannot be done by not allowing honest and respectful questions and challenges and voicing opinions.

Thu May 07, 2015 8:51 am
Profile E-mail

Why do I love the ULC? Because we have no doctrine. We believe in Freedom of Thought and Ethical Living. We can think! Are Scientologists permitted to think? I do not know, but every time I read a bout a Scientologist who starts to think for himself or herself they are put into some kind of blacklist. That also happens in many religions. I will continue with the ULC.

Hermano Luis

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:41 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

The only time a Scientologist came on this forum it was to tell me that we can all be united if we joined their organisation and the ULC in the UK became a Scientology forum. Similarly with the Moonies. I had to disagree. Sometimes being united is not to convert everyone to one point of view. It is to live and let live and grow from what inspires us all.

Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:20 am
Profile E-mail

Pete wrote:
The only time a Scientologist came on this forum it was to tell me that we can all be united if we joined their organisation and the ULC in the UK became a Scientology forum. Similarly with the Moonies. I had to disagree. Sometimes being united is not to convert everyone to one point of view. It is to live and let live and grow from what inspires us all.

I am sure that they would not survive in any of the ULC forums. We speak freely, and we are not easily moved from our convictions. There is also another thing we have that few religious groups have: we respect the views of our sisters and brothers. And most important, we respect when one of our sisters or brothers decide to change religious attitudes. That is their eternal right.

Hermano Luis

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:21 pm
Profile E-mail