View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 5:01 am

The christian Hymn 10 thousand reasons 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post The christian Hymn 10 thousand reasons
Obviously speaking as someone raised within the CofE, I do hum and find myself signing various hymns like Lord of the dance, morning has broken, amazing grace. But a recent favorite of mine is Matt Redmans 10 thousand reasons I find when its used in church it is has a great influence upon congregation members who (and this is very unusual for a British CofE) start clapping and hand waving its truly moving to witness and be part of it.

I just wondered as a thought what if any are your hymns that you identify with and/or you think of 10 thousand reasons?

A nice easy discussion after the Christmas period.

I think the new spirituality will be a spirituality that's not based on a particular dogma. And that steps away from the old spiritual paradigm that we have created on this planet, which comes from a thought that there is such a thing as being better.

Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:51 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: The christian Hymn 10 thousand reasons
Wow ok so no preference well ok lets also include any type of song you yourself think hold a particular meaning can be any in this instance for me I like songs done by CREED but the religious overtones in that are obvious or Rod Stewarts Forever Young Piano Version.

Cat Stevens(Yusuf Islam) Father and Son.

But then again some may not like or see the need for singing and to be fair If I had my own building I don't know I would include hyms infact I would probably have a set up similar to Quaker like meetings all but different but maybe once in a while having a few songs, as Mr Johnny Cash once said "Singing seems to help a troubled soul"

I think the new spirituality will be a spirituality that's not based on a particular dogma. And that steps away from the old spiritual paradigm that we have created on this planet, which comes from a thought that there is such a thing as being better.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:15 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: The christian Hymn 10 thousand reasons
Land of lost things by Rene de la Prada. Youtube. Neverwas Haul.

Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:40 am
Profile E-mail