View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:22 pm

BBC 

Has the BBC lost credibility over the Saville scandal?
Yes 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
No 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Not sure 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 6

BBC 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: BBC
I pay £42 per month for satellite & broadband plus what ever the hell the BBC licence fee is just now.So considerably more than $66.And the BBC advertises.OK so it might be its own products but that's not the point.

Tue May 07, 2013 12:41 am
Profile E-mail

Pete wrote:
Can you get TV catch up in the US? :- http://www.tvcatchup.com/

We cannot! I envy you!

Some tv stations will allow you to watch the very last episodeof a show, but you have a set amount of days to do it. If you can't get it done in those days, then, if you are allowed to watch the episode, they will give you a 10 minutes snip-it.

There are some un-official websites that try to deliver the shows to online viewers, but unfortunately they seem to carry viruses that eat your computer!! :mad:

My daughter's computer is dead now, because she had been using one of those sites. It's not worth it. She has a $1000 laptop computer sitting on her desk, as a desk ornament.

:sob:

Tue May 07, 2013 1:31 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zen Dog wrote:
I pay £42 per month for satellite & broadband plus what ever the hell the BBC licence fee is just now.So considerably more than $66.And the BBC advertises.OK so it might be its own products but that's not the point.

True. That is about as much as I pay too. I would not mind but I mostly do not even watch the TV as it is full of soaps. My wife likes them but I just cannot get into them. It seems to me to be a star of East Enders your needs only to be able to act two emotions. Tearful and weepy and then angry and shouting. Neither I enjoy watching.

I am sorry to hear of your daughters computer. I wish I could have a look at it.
I only know of one person who had this happen to them and that was, against my advice, they ran the computer without an anti-virus or a firewall programme and visited lots of gambling sites. In the end it was a case of needing to wipe the hard drive clean and re installing the operating system. Instead they then bought themselves a new computer and started all over again. What do you do? I offered to help but they said they knew best and the last thing I heard was that their computer was playing up again and she was taking it back to the shop.

Tue May 07, 2013 10:00 am
Profile E-mail

I must say, I don't know if the bbc has lost credibility in this matter (still playing catch-up). if it is anything like public television in the states though, those fund raisers are endless and irritating .. even though I contribute modestly, I'm inclined to walk away from the strong arm, guilt tactics frequently used.

I have no idea what we actually pay for cable now because it's bundled with telephone and internet (the telephone that no one. ever. calls.) we have over eight hundred television channels. there is seldom anything on. and what there is, is, you guessed it, a program interrupting the advertising loops ..

I've come to really resent paying for a service that's sole purpose is to shove things (that I'm more often than not uninterested in) down my throat. I've gone off the grid before, and could again if my beloved could only live without the history channel and cooking shows.

reality tv has definitely got me concerned about our survival as a species :sob:

I like bbc america and bbc because they give me a perspective on world events and programming that I can't get here..

Wed May 29, 2013 6:45 pm
Profile E-mail

I wouldn't worry about our survival as a species but one day I think there will more room for the rest of us.

Wed May 29, 2013 9:04 pm
Profile E-mail