View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:08 am

Anyone 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Anyone
Whose still coming here?

Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:32 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Anyone
I'm still hanging on Pete.

Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:27 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am glad Zen. I have not been about as literally a lot on my mind with hospital appointments and my forth coming op. Then pills for life or I die. It focuses ones mind being told that. How are you.?

Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:15 pm
Profile E-mail

Are you ordained by ULC?: No
I glance from time to time but rarely log in. I find myself with secular work, my voluntary work with Inclusive Church, Progressive Christian Alliance, my own Church as one of the de facto leads for its own progressive element. Trying to foster greater ties with the Progressive Christian Alliance and the wider Independent Sacramental Movement (ISM) has meant my time is very stretched.

Also for the good this place did at the very start of my journey and discernment, my frustration with (not this forum) the ULC as a UK entity is a lack of anything substantial again not the fault of anyone here as this is a forum and serves that purpose fine. As I've said before and has I have witnessed from just being here, the number of people who have come with a ton of passion and enthusiasm and in pursuit of their call. Who have subsequently pursued that call away from the ULC because as a UK entity all that there is, is this forum is I think quite sad.

Again please don't get me wrong for those who just want a forum and get a lot from it thats great, its why I will always fight for this forum to remain its why I drop in from time to time and post updates, and participate in conversations. But as I said for those who have been like me and a number of others who have gone on to pursue their calling with the Unitarians, or CofE or within ISM or even setting up their own small house group/community, they have done so more or less leaving the ULC all together finding that all that there is, is this Forum.

In short and to give a blunt perspective, it can feel stagnant that isnt the fault of this place as a forum but a short coming of the ULC as an entity, If I'm being honest add to that the difficulties that face anyone who is independent of any mainline denominations in the UK and things are difficult. Again it's why this place as a forum is important, but as I said for a number of people who have felt similar to me who want that next step after finding an online safe space find there is nothing. Again that isnt the fault of anyone here, but its a gap and a very real one, and a gap that pushes people towards other places.

This may seem harsh but I'm hoping the honesty from my perspective and those who have felt similar is to help understand that there are a good number who want something more, and when it becomes clear that isnt going to happen here,they leave and perhaps if this forum is seen as a hub or place to signpost people to that extra something then absolutely fine. But that isn't the impression this place first gives. Again I mean no disrespect to those who still come to this forum and use it just as that, I am simply trying to put across what has been my frustration.

At the same time that frustration has lead me to groups like Inclusive Church to the wider ISM to the PCA, and my frustration with it has long since gone, but I'm hoping this sheds some light on my perspective and others who may have felt the same. Pete I truly hope that things calm down for you (I would say pray, but it always sounds so condescending) but I've enjoyed some of our discussions, your passion for this place is evident and I'd say that making this place a hub to other places may be the best use of it for those who have felt similar to me, as well as the usual forum discussions. So in terms of who is still coming here its rare for me, this place was a step on my own discernment but its one I've moved on from more or less, though I do pop in from time to time.

Again I apologise if anyone has been insulted by what i have written but its something that I have needed to be say for a long time.

I think the new spirituality will be a spirituality that's not based on a particular dogma. And that steps away from the old spiritual paradigm that we have created on this planet, which comes from a thought that there is such a thing as being better.

Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:15 pm
Profile E-mail

Mostly fine Pete. I'm on pills for life too. I hope your operation goes well. I don't like hospitals.

Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:57 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks Zen. My wife has also been admitted for investigations. It never rains but it pours at times.

Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:45 pm
Profile E-mail

Just when you think you've managed to dodge the shells, some B####y sniper gets you.

Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:20 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's about it Zen. I will cut his tree down next time.

Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:12 pm
Profile E-mail