View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 10:14 am

ULC Congregations 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post ULC Congregations
The link to the most full directory of ULC members and ULC Congregations is at:- http://congregations.ulc.net
Check it out.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:22 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: ULC Congregations
This is an awesome resource! Very useful!

Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:32 am
Profile E-mail

In San Juan, Puerto Rico, there is a Christian Fundamentalist Church wholse ministry is ULC.

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:19 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: ULC Congregations - for hermano luis
Hello Hermano Luis,

In PR there is a Christian Fundamentalist group with a ULC ministry?

How do they reconcile the conservative views and traditions of fundamentalism, with the openess and "universalism" of ULC?
It seems contradictory to me.

Thanx!!

Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:13 pm
Profile E-mail

I once had a biology teacher who taught us about evolution and then revealed that she was a devout believer in the Bible.I raised the question as to how she could believe two contradictory things.She affirmed that this was possible.I gave her a wide berth after that.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:06 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

:lol: So would I.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:58 pm
Profile E-mail

When i was 12, my parents put me in Catholic school, even though they were atheists/philosophers.

Our biology teacher at the Catholic school was a Jesuit priest, and he talked about how evolution and creationism are not mutually exclusive. He believed that God created the world, the people and the animals, and that evolution was the way in which God's creation continued to function.

I think it is mainly in the US that fundamentalist Christians see these two ideas as irreconcilable. They believe only in Creationism.

But, you know what, I have friends and acquaintances who do not believe in creation, but do believe in evolution, and they too cannot see these two forces working together.

So it isn't just the fundamentalist Christians who cannot reconcile both ideas.

Jesuits are at the top of the food chain, when it comes to education and intellectualism (within the Catholic world) so seeing both forces as complimentary made/makes sense.

Wed May 01, 2013 1:15 am
Profile E-mail

Is time related to entropy? Is it really a 4th dimension or just an illlusion? What is wrong with the Special Theory? If the Universe has size,what does it have size in? i.e.Expansion implies an outside.What is the Universe expanding in? If the Universe is constrained by laws of physics,who created the creator? And what do you know about the number 42?(There are lots of interesting things about 42.From luggage to rainbows).

Wed May 01, 2013 6:15 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: ULC Congregations - to Zen Dog
Hi!

I find some of your ponderings really interesting! I wonder about the nature and activity of the universe, and the things that we attempt to comprehend.

Do you think that time is an illusion? Our brain actually as the neurological capacity to feel the passage of time. It's also that way for other mammals, higher thinking mammals.

I had never thought of it as a dimension though!

I'm sure you are familiar with the idea of multi-verses. Where some people/scientists believe that instead of one universer, there are multiple ones, side by side, without necessarily touching/connecting. Do you know the TV show "Fringe"? It explores that issue. Two universes, next to each other, and one man ruptures his way out of one and into the other to steal a child.

I was telling Pete that i love Science Fiction.

I don't know anything about #42. Might you elaborate? I'd appreciate it!!

Thu May 02, 2013 4:35 am
Profile E-mail

The answer to The Meaning of Life, The Universe and Everything is 42 according to Douglas Adams in The Hithhikers Guide To The Galaxy. The problem is, you have to know the Question.In the Hunting Of The Snark by Lewis Carroll, the unnamed member of the crew left 42 peices of luggage behind.The angle of refraction of light through a raindrop that creates a Rainbow is 42 degrees.These little snippets come to mind, I would have to trawl my library for more which I will do later.Currently a bit hungover.

Thu May 02, 2013 10:30 am
Profile E-mail