View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:22 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Carrie's Poke and Prod! 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: Carrie's Poke and Prod!
Zen Dog wrote:
It gets earlier every year in Scotland.Having said that,last year,or the year before,maybe the one before that, my tent got blown away in Devon in june.I wouldnt have minded so much but I was in it at the time. I had to thumb it home from Cornwall.

Hi Z D, the image of you inside a tent that is being blown away by the wind makes me think of a hamster inside one of those clear plastic balls!!

Have you seen them? They are made of clear plastic, you put the hammy inside, and put the wheel/ball on the floor and the hammy runs around your entire house, without getting lost, stepped on or eaten by the dog.

But I don't quite think that is what might have happened to you....

Sat May 11, 2013 6:54 pm
Profile E-mail

Actually I suspect the sunny weather keeps getting blown away by the windy conditions in the "Windy City" (Chicago). :brr: :brr: :brr: It was in the low 90's again today...I enjoyed laying out in the back yard starting to work on this year's tan. :lol: :cool: :wave:

Sun May 12, 2013 1:45 am
Profile E-mail YIM

whitelotus9 wrote:
Actually I suspect the sunny weather keeps getting blown away by the windy conditions in the "Windy City" (Chicago). :brr: :brr: :brr: It was in the low 90's again today...I enjoyed laying out in the back yard starting to work on this year's tan. :lol: :cool: :wave:

Wow! I envy you!

I just got back from walking my doggies.

I wore a pair of jeans, a long sleeve t shirt with a wool sweater/jumper over it,
my heavier winter coat, a wool beret cap, and my ugg boots.

The dogs wore their fur coats. They were not hot.

It is the 11th of MAY!!! Unheard of in my experience here in Illinois!

Sun May 12, 2013 3:33 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bite me Lotus!! :lol:

Celestial Moon Wolf

Wicked Witch of the North!

Mon May 13, 2013 9:44 pm
Profile E-mail

Rev.Carrie wrote:
Bite me Lotus!! :lol:

LOL!! I take it you probably are in dire need of sunshine, kind of like we are here in Chicago. It seems the sun forgot all about us. It is weird living like this, it is really hard on one's health!

Tue May 14, 2013 7:13 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oh we're sun starved ... things are really screwy. Are you taking vit d supplements?

Celestial Moon Wolf

Wicked Witch of the North!

Tue May 14, 2013 9:02 am
Profile E-mail

Rev.Carrie wrote:
Oh we're sun starved ... things are really screwy. Are you taking vit d supplements?

Hi Carrie,

I have to take massive amounts of vitamins. Not just D. I was able to find liquid vitamins which i can assimilate quite well.

My daughter suffers from seasonal affective disorder SAD, due to the lack of sunshine. She takes vitamin D, B-complex, B-12, multi-vits and CoQ-10. They do help. Otherwise things for her would be worse.
She has been in the hospital twice due to depression. Her body/mind can take the darkness until about February/March, and by then, boom! Hospital! Even with the anti-depressant.

This year, in March, we took a 1 week trip to Puerto Rico, to visit her grandmother there, and that week of sunshine allowed her to make it to April without being hospitalized, and she wanted to try and ride it out, and try to make it until May. But i insisted on a doctor's visit. Good think, for we have not had much sun.
We have a new doctor. She put my daughter on a new med, and it is working better than the other one.

But this year it is affecting me. I am tired. More tired than usual. And i know it is the lack of sunshine.

I honestly think it even affects one of my dogs, my younger Corgi does not seem like his usual self. He was always spunky, and this Spring he seems subdued. I keep telling my daughter "there is something the matter with that dog, I wish he could tell me" but i had never thought it could be the darkness. Hmmm...

Wed May 15, 2013 2:21 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

I must admit the long winter nights get to me too.

Wed May 15, 2013 10:05 am
Profile E-mail

<<< enjoys a large mug of fresh brewed sun tea... :coffee:

Thu May 16, 2013 1:23 am
Profile E-mail YIM

I give up.Green,white, black or herbal?

Thu May 16, 2013 6:54 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next