View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:18 am

Religion's view of Satan 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
 Religion's view of Satan
Does the view that the Abrahamic faiths ( Christianity, Judaism and Islam) hold of Satan, make them intolerant of those of us that call themselves Satanist? If they are intolerant isn't that allowed? especilly if Satan is their religions enemy. If they are intolerant does that not run against the teachings of Christ?

Luv to hear your two pence worth :grin: :evl:

Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:01 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Post Re: Religion's view of Satan
Satan is part of their religion yes, I've always seen Satanism as another religious group among many parts of Islam, Christianity, Judaism, like protestants, catholics christians , sunis islam and orthodox Judaism, and it's sad to say, but some of the people in these groups are very intolerant of each other. :oldman:

Rai

Don't let the muggles get you down,

It wizni me !!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:18 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin
Site Admin

I always find this one difficult to answer. I personally do not believe in the Christian church view of the Devil/Satan as I believe it is an invention of the church and was taken from differing religions that they never bothered to study. In fact, in the Jewish faith they originally held Ha-Satan to be a friend of Yahweh. His job was to try people so that they may gain insight and growth. Lucifer is again seen as being Satan but Lucifer the bringer of light for the day is again not from the Abraham religion origins. It seems to me the church put many things together and made a right mess of things. Lucifer got turned from the bringer of light (as in day light) to the fallen angel of light. It is amazing how they have reinvented things. Now for anyone to say they are Satanist they are up against a lot of mis-information and hatred. Yet, they did this to many religions. Pagans and Witches also worship the devil they said but in fact they do not. It seems they invented a hate figure and then said everyone else worshipped it. I just see all this as incitement to religious hatred. Something that is seen as illegal in the UK today. Unfortunately the legislation has missed many faiths like Satanists. I went on holiday recently to North Wales and tried to log into this site. I was told the forum was banned because it supported none traditional religions like Satanism and Wicca. I reminded them that the European law on human rights does not specify that a person only had protection if they had what they called a traditional religion. They fixed the problem and I managed to get on the next day. It may be worth checking out your local library too.

Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:00 pm
Profile E-mail

Pete wrote:
. I went on holiday recently to North Wales and tried to log into this site. I was told the forum was banned because it supported none traditional religions like Satanism and Wicca. I reminded them that the European law on human rights does not specify that a person only had protection if they had what they called a traditional religion. They fixed the problem and I managed to get on the next day. It may be worth checking out your local library too.

Wow that was brave of you to say that. I had a similer experiance at a libray in Glasgow, trying to log onto my own website but was banned from doing so; because of what they assumed my site was about. I think I'll take your advice and mention the euro law to them. I never thought of that.

Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:55 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well they changed it within 24 hours and I got an apology too. I think it maybe a useful thing if each member tries out their own library.

Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:13 pm
Profile E-mail

Predjudice is a main component of the law of vested interest.

:cool: :yinyang:

Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:32 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

True Zen (IMO).

Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:15 pm
Profile E-mail

Pete, I've forgotten,how do I get an Avatar?

Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:07 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

User Control Panel (just under the banner). Look for Profile. Click. Then in the left hand column, click on edit Avatar.

Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:19 am
Profile E-mail

Cheers oppo

Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:32 pm
Profile E-mail