View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:53 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
who gets tied 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: who gets tied
Minds are like parachutes.They operate best when open.

Sorry,I stole that from somewhere around here.Tribal I think.

There has always been a subculture in our society (and others) of not asking awkward questions.

I know because I come from it.Luckily,I am a black sheep.

My favourite word is WHY.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:15 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

I like that saying Zen. The trouble is for them even if they could persuade me to join (which I strongly doubt this side of serious club on my head) they could not get me to submit to elders. I like my right to think for myself to much.
I have family and friends who are JW's and they study the watch tower each week and practice talking about it so they can preach it to others but they rarely do much thinking for themselves (IMO). It is a total submission to the organisation. They believe that only practising JW's are going to heaven and they will rule all who do not make it. Hence, the reason few of them feel able to challenge what the organisation says or stop knocking on doors.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:30 am
Profile E-mail

i have told jw's to speak to my dogs now lol i keep my self to my self well out of the way

Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:52 pm
Profile E-mail

the JW's which have been coming to my door have created an ongoing drama amongst themselves.

I actually had a man about 60 years old standing in my kitchen repeating " oh, Lord, don't let me lose my faith. Please God bring me some understanding about the words this man says."

I told him he was in the process of doing just that...... I asked him why on earth he would show up at my door with such doubts in his mind..... ( he was VERY sure of himself when I FIRST answered the door )

I didn't do this to the man on purpose - but the judgement streaming from his lips - in my living room, in front of my son, flinging around the word Hell..... a dam broke inside me and that fellow got the sermon I would deliver if I was a "stand at the pulpit" minister....
I was preaching to my son in all actuality - merely trying to undo the thoughts this man brought into MY house....
I spoke about compassion, forgiveness, unity, and judgement...
I spoke about a God who would create - then destroy the souls he has created...
I spoke of the benefit of fellowship to lead a soul to deeper understanding instead of division...
I spoke on the beginnings of the church which brings us the Bible- and the creation of the church he put so much faith into - quoting sources he could not deny...
and I spoke of the INNER witness - the bit of our creator which resides within - the bit that led him to my door.....

Since that day there has been a steady stream of his family members and friends coming to my door - they all try to convince me, at first, that I can be one of the 144,000.... some never come back - others come by frequently ( sometimes just for coffee and conversation )

I'm not well-liked by the JW church in my area, and I find it strange that they keep filing up to my door... but it IS a nice change when they say " well, i was hoping you had a little time to sit and talk..." instead of the same old " do you want to be saved? "

Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:51 pm
Profile E-mail

spooky you boys mentioning that neither of you get bothred byJW's anymore. The other day they came to my street, went to every house except mine!! Weird huh?

As for the topic of the post. I think some Satanist do have to take some of the blame for the bad press ( not really about the killing and such) but many are just out to show just how much of an arsehole they can be and they seem to have competitions to out do each other in the arsehole stakes. An don't get me started on those Satanists who think it's right to murder animals for a sacrafice.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:16 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

now a days people ask what religion i am and when i tell them i can see then think " what the hell "

Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:19 pm
Profile E-mail

I tend to just say Pagan unless I know them really well.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:04 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

i am proud of satanic ill even tell the hospital there face's are funny

Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:51 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

vicar4satan wrote:
spooky you boys mentioning that neither of you get bothred byJW's anymore. The other day they came to my street, went to every house except mine!! Weird huh?

As for the topic of the post. I think some Satanist do have to take some of the blame for the bad press ( not really about the killing and such) but many are just out to show just how much of an arsehole they can be and they seem to have competitions to out do each other in the arsehole stakes. An don't get me started on those Satanists who think it's right to murder animals for a sacrafice.

Oh they tried to convert me but after about 2 months of me daily posing some hard questions to them they just gave up and rather than debate with me they just refuse to talk about religion with me. The Mormons do the same. They did that after just one conversation.
Him:-Hello I am from the church of latter day saints.
Me:-Oh! so your a Mormon.
Him:- I do not know what a Mormon is. What is a Mormon?
Me:- Do you think it would be a pity to start a conversation with a lie? Surely a member of the latter day saints knows what a Mormon is?
Him:- Silence, then he walked away and told his mates about me and they have avoided me since.
Me:- Thinks - what did I do. I thought that missionaries get a two year training on how to talk with people like me.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:10 pm
Profile E-mail

I really don't wish to sound patronising but sometimes there's just no avoiding it.
People are people and we are Pan Narans,the story telling ape.
People need stories.
This may be the 21st century technologicaly,but we are still the same kind of people who
were hitting mammoths over the head with the arse bone of a jew.
Or was that the jaw bone of an ass?

Anyway,we are only where we are today because a few enlightened people asked why?
Most of the proletariat are still dragging their knuckles in the mud.(metaphor)
This is an observation and I can defend my statement.
(No ifs or buts).

Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:32 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next