View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:18 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Religion's view of Satan 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: Religion's view of Satan
Hi Pete, I've missed you all too :luv:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:04 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Its good to have good friends.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:56 pm
Profile E-mail

One of my kids is dyslexic.He wrote a letter to Satan asking for a bike.
Happy Yule all here. :party:

Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:39 am
Profile E-mail

vicar4satan wrote:
Does the view that the Abrahamic faiths ( Christianity, Judaism and Islam) hold of Satan, make them intolerant of those of us that call themselves Satanist? If they are intolerant isn't that allowed? especilly if Satan is their religions enemy. If they are intolerant does that not run against the teachings of Christ?

Luv to hear your two pence worth :grin: :evl:

Hi there!

Greetings from across the pond!
I have a question, is it possible to turn your question around? You ask if Abrahamic religions are intolerant of Satanists and their practice,
but the truth is that very few people have any clue as to what Satanist practices are.
I'm sure a lot of people pretend to know, just to be polite. And to seem more sophisticated. But the truth is that most of us are ignorant.

So maybe the question should be "do you know what Satanism is? And if not? Are you curious about its practices and beliefs?"

I personally am completely ignorant!

I was reading some of the things you posted on the other threads, and from reading what you posted "murder paraphernalia" and "neo-nazi's" it does not look good.

So, another question to ponder is, "do all / some Satanists practice activities that involve hating and hurting other beings?"

And like i said, i am completely ignorant!

But i am genuinely curious.

Thanks!

Wed May 15, 2013 2:39 am
Profile E-mail

Hiya Lannah, welcome to the forum.

The neo-nazi Satanists are a very small section of the satanic community in the same way that the neo-nazi Christians are a small section of the christian community, they exists but they are not the voice of the entire community. They are the creepy uncle at a family reunion that most people try to avoid.

Trying to define theistic Satanism would be like trying to hold water in a leaky bucket as it's different for everyone. sure there are common strands, in that we believe and worship Satan and see him as an actual God who actually exists but how we view him can vary. For me, at this moment in time, Satan is the All, the creator of this world we are part of him and he is part of us. He is Divine and we are Divine but as we are human we are flawed. My own religious practice is based upon Demonolatry it is within that religion that I found a foundation of belief and practice that i could relate to but because my patron Demon is Satan I tend to just call myself a Theistic Satanist.

You asked the question about Some/All Satanists hating and hurting other beings. It's a good question.

Theistic Satanism is a Dark Pagan religion meaning we don't shy away from the darker aspects of our nature. We hate but we also love both are just emotions but just different degrees neither is bad just different degrees. But we try to have a balance too much hate is bad just as too much love is bad. We try not to hold on to either if it is hurting us or stopping us from progressing in life.

As you say, people might not know that much about Satanism but when they hear the term they might think of ritual murder and animal killing. Just last night I watched a Law & Order:SVU episode where a body was found on top of a grave stone with his eyes plucked out and Finn ( on the of the detectives) immediately blamed a Satanic cult, it wasn't. it turned out to be some christian dude who hated gays. The vast majority of Satanists don't kill people, sure you get the odd loon who say's Satan made him do it but you hear that about the christian God too.
Most Satanists don't kill animals for religious purposes. I certainly don't. I'm a Vegan I don't eat, wear, use any animal products.

Hope that was helpful, anymore questions feel free to ask :coffee:

Last edited by vicar4satan on Sun May 26, 2013 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bad analogy, it made sense at the time lol

Sat May 25, 2013 7:54 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Satanism is not alone in this. There are far right groups who call themselves Christian. Radical groups who call themselves Muslim. Families who do so called honour killings who say they are Hindus. All in the UK. They sicken most people by far in their faiths.

Sun May 26, 2013 5:32 pm
Profile E-mail

I think, as well, that in the Satanist community it's people trying to live up to the stereotype or they're learning their religion from watching movies and not actually doing the proper research and think if it's in the movie then it must be true.

Sun May 26, 2013 6:08 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

The movies lie and are ignorant about these things. I am sure Carrie must be sick of the characterization of Witchcraft on the TV.

Mon May 27, 2013 5:57 pm
Profile E-mail

D'you mean she doesn't really wiggle her nose?

Tue May 28, 2013 11:09 am
Profile E-mail

That would be cool to do but I could foresee problems if you had hayfever

Wed May 29, 2013 5:37 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next