View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:33 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Religion's view of Satan 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: Religion's view of Satan
Hi Vicar4Satan,

I've just been on your website and it's interesting. I like the respect with which you deal with life.

Can I share my own understanding of Satan with you. It's what I have channelled and it sits well for me.

In my teaching, Satan works with God as part of His team.

The world is currently based on an equal and opposing force of good and evil, which means we have to experience both.

To learn and develop, we ideally, should follow our consciences/ listen to our hearts/ follow our instincts and make important changes when we see they are necessary. People may be suffering, animals, the environment etc.. In our normal fashion we don't do this. We back off from issues that we should deal with. Our excuses?

* It's only little old me. What could I do?
* It's not my responsibility, It's theirs.
* I'm looking the other way so I won't be asked to get involved.
* Etc.. You get the picture.

Because we don't act on the guidance we are given to make changes, Satan steps in and creates something so terrible that we say 'That must never happen again, AND WE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

In other words..... Good comes from evil.

In my understanding, Satan does some important work. Shame we need him.

By the way, are you sure you're not Hugh Lawrie? You look just like him. :lol:

Blessings

Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:05 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Interestingly (IMO) this is similar to my studies of the ancient Jewish understanding. "HA Satan", far from being an enemy of God was thought to be one of God's team and had the job to tempt people and try them so that they learned from their experiences and grow.
This has nothng to do with the Christian concept of lucifer being a fallen angel of light as I feel one has to mix a number of differing faiths badly to come up with such a position and it is only conservative Christianity that has that understanding. Lucifer being the bright morning star (Venus) that is obscurred (or said to be brought down in ancient understandings) by the sun.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:31 pm
Profile E-mail

My own opinion is that there are at least two of 'em.

The Jewish Satan seems to be to be a Job Title of whichever angel has been assigned the task of Destruction Testing the Faith of some particular mortal, with non-fatal injuries or illnesses, but especially using the tactics of maximum collateral damage in order to inflict the most emotional pain as possible on the target.

As to the Christian Satan, I hold two theories, which kind-of overlap. (1) Satan is merely an alias Yahweh began using some 1300 years back (roughly, at the hands of priestly politicians) for when he's doing some of his nastier work. (2) Satan is Yahweh's twin brother.

Even the Malleus Maleficarum, from the late 1400s, repeatedly states that no devils can do anything real to a human -- any human -- without the express permission of Yahweh. This obviously makes him an accomplice to any demonic acts in the world, in the view of the two Dominicans who wrote it, whether they realized it or not. They were just that unwilling to admit that any being other than their own god could have any actual "power" (then I guess the non-fallen angels have the same disability?) Thus also the invention off the "familiar" because no human (especially a worthless female) could possibly do any such thing as magic by themselves.

But as far as I am actually concerned, Yahweh is still (despite being jumped up by generations of politicians wearing priestly garb) the same petty storm and war god of the Middle-East he started out as. As far as Satan goes, he's mostly a political creation for the manipulation and control over ignorant and (carefully) uneducated masses.

Blessings, both Bright and Dark,
Ananta Androscoggin

Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:10 pm
Profile E-mail

Yahweh,who started his career as the Canaanite Ba'al originally had a wife named Asharah.
Well somewhere along the way,they got seperated.
And you know, there is nothing like a woman scorned.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:44 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Every religion has a starting point and that is very often (IMO) different from what it ends up being.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:48 am
Profile E-mail

What I was getting at is maybe the Devil isn't really a bloke.
But it is all anthropomorphic personification in any case.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:19 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

I personally do not believe in the devil or that the devil as described by the church exists. I just think its the result of theological gymnastics with previous pagan and jewish groups. However, others maybe right as its hard to say when one tries to investigate it in many churches a large smoke screen appears (IMO) and its got nothing to do with the devil.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:03 am
Profile E-mail

My own teaching through channelled writings is this.

The Devil is evil and it is with this authority he takes those who do not use their abilities to help the force of good. And when they die, they do not revert to evil within the Kingdom of Hell but are thwarted at every turn, in order to bring about goodness in their spirit life.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:35 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Hey all, Thanks you all so much for sharing your views on who Satan is to you :grin: Sorry I've not been around much. Life has gotten REALLY busy AGAIN! :sob:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:21 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Laura its always good to hear from you. We have missed you. :thumbs:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:26 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next