View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:04 am

OOBE and Meditation? 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post OOBE and Meditation?
I am keen to learn the correct techniques to achieve an Out Of Body Experience and also how to meditate at a deep level. Does any one know of a good place to research or can anyone offer an insight to the correct techniques?

Thanks in advance.

Paul.

http://www.sonriseradio.com
http://www.hopefm.com

Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:42 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Post Re: OOBE and Meditation?
Well I've assisted with a couple of OOB experiences,but as the subject had no body to return to,I was unable to complete the experiment.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:23 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

I will get back to you on that Paul and I will ask my brother. He went on a course in Nottingham some years ago. He said people relaxed on the floor and they gently stroke their feet and head. I remember him saying it does seem to work.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:56 pm
Profile E-mail

Wow,I'd just go for the stroking.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:52 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

I notice there are lots of things on Meditation, Astral projection, and OOBE on youtube.
See:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twK3IZhurkU

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:13 pm
Profile E-mail

Hmm, YouTube is tha bain of my life at the mo and cannot get onto it with the dongle I have. :sob:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:34 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Paul Woodland wrote:
I am keen to learn the correct techniques to achieve an Out Of Body Experience and also how to meditate at a deep level. Does any one know of a good place to research or can anyone offer an insight to the correct techniques?

Thanks in advance.

Paul.

:wave: Hi Paul,

This is my first post at the ULCUK Forum. I see that I already know a few people here. I've been posting on the US Forum for a number of years and over on the Tribal Forum----but really only there occasionally.

Seeking an OOBE eh? You already have one every night when you go to sleep.

Pay close attention and you will eventually be able to control it.

The earliest OOBE I remember is when I woke up one night (when I was about five) to suddenly find myself flying around the living room. "This is really neat," I thought.

As far as I know, Robert Monroe (The Monroe Institute) is the "expert" on OOBEs.

I've had a few near death experiences where I zoomed outta my body----but I did have one once after drinking a quart of very strong peyote tea where I got to laughing so hard with my friends that I suddenly popped outta my body. I was clear across the room staring at us bunch of hippies laughing hysterically. It really freaked me out that time and I snapped back into my body with a tremendous CRASH as if I had been attached to a huge rubber band----or----tethered to a powerful bungie cord.

I do have a few years experience with meditation and can perhaps give you a little boost in that department. I hope this is useful.

:oldman: Number one rule of meditation----no stress. I learned that from the Maharishi.

If you are just starting out trying to learn how to meditate know this: it is simple, simple, simple.

First thing----uh----get out of bed. Second thing----go to the bathroom ( :cool: don't forget to wash yer hands and face.) Next----find a lovely spot to sit for twenty minutes. Outside is good----but-----then again sitting in front of a blank white wall is too.

You don't have to lotus up into a pretzel----unless you are a wanna-be yogi. if you choose to sit in a chair----which is totally acceptable----be sure and keep both feet flat on the floor and your back straight.

Take a few deep breaths and then just breathe normally. Just relax.

Only observe your breathing. Do not manipulate it. Just be an outside observer. Neither reject nor embrace any thoughts which might arise. Do not attempt to exclude thoughts----and also----do not entertain them when they pop up----(which they will.) If you do try to manipulate them in some way----don't worry about it-----remember rule number 1= no stress. Just gently bring your focus back onto your breathing whenever you recognize that your mind has gone awandering ( :wink: or awondering as the case may be.)

:oldman: There you have it. Basic Buddhist meditation as taught in your local Tibetan Buddhist Temple by disciples of the Dali Lama. There are about 1 million other forms of meditation however this one is pretty simple.

How deep will you go?

Well, that's up to you isn't it?

My friend went to a Zen Monastery and asked the Roshi how to meditate.

The Roshi said, "go over there in front of that wall and just sit quietly doing nothing." And----that was it!

The stuff I just shared with you above is a lot more complicated than that-----but-----then again-----I am not a Rishi nor am I a zen master----just a babbling old codger from Texas. :oldman:

namaste

Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:48 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

I do not know much about OOBE, but I have been meditating for some fifty years. During that time I have worked with different methods of meditation. It has been a wonderful experience. There is nothing like sitting in silence and watch your breath, do not try to control your breathing... just observe.

Observe your thought process in the same way you observe your breathing, but do not get distracte by any particular thought... just observe.

There are many schools of meditation. Chistianity has some very interesting schools of meditation. Islam -- particularly the Sufis -- also have some good schools of meditation. The same can be said about the Jewish mystical schools.

One of my favorite schools of meditation is the Hindu Vichara Marga method. Simply concentrate on the question "Who am I?" and try to penetrate into the mystery of the "I" or "inner self".

The path of meditation is infinite.

Hermano Luis
Moriviví Hermitage

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:33 pm
Profile E-mail

Thanks for the above, will try those.

Paul.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Paul Woodland wrote:
Thanks for the above, will try those.

Paul.

Lately, I've been using set of brainwave entrainment MP3s from http://www.eocinstitute.org/?gclid=COC1xrDN5K0CFQXCKgodmltpXg

This uses Robert Monroe's famous "hemisynch" technology which----through playing a different prescribed sound in each ear----mechanically adjusts your brainwaves to the same frequencies encountered by a highly experienced meditator. The MP3s I have downloaded to my computer take my consciousness down to the theta (and even delta) frequencies. You can read about it at the link I gave.

I find that as I "learned" this state of consciousness---I can then experience it any time I meditate whether I use the MP3s or not. This has helped me to deepen my meditation----but-----I find that a little of it goes a long way----25 minutes at a time is entirely sufficient.

namaste

Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:34 pm
Profile E-mail WWW