View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:04 am

pearshaped again 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post pearshaped again
:sob:
Just when i thought I was seeing the light at the end of the tunnel the end caved in and its blocked.
A debt company rang tonight demanding £4047 for a loan I paid off in 1999. He says I didnt. The bank cant help me as all records are wiped off the microfilm after 6 yrs and i thought thats how long you kept your records too so i have no proof. I rang a solicitor but I rang too late though i left a message and await their call tomorrow. I've never dealt with solicitors before so im quite frightened of the unknown experience. Most things I can deal with but when it comes to money matters I always fret. I couldnt eat my dinner tonight I feel so sick. And to top it off I feel like a burden now as the last couple of days all i've done is whine and ask for help. Tomorrow will not be a good day as its the anniversary of my fathers passing. 16 yrs. After such a good day yesterday and thinking i was moving forward again today has not gone well.
Please pray not so much for me but for this situation to be resolved with minimum disruption to my family and myself.
Ill try to keep smiling but i think it'll be a mask
Love and life to you all :heart:
Lisa

Love, Life and energy to you

Fri May 07, 2010 12:01 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: pearshaped again
Will do Lisa..
I cannot help but wonder how they have taken 10 years to say that the loan was not paid. It does not sound like they are trustworthy to me..

Fri May 07, 2010 12:30 am
Profile E-mail

Lisa,
Go to the Citizens Advice Bureau ASAP
Take as much relevant paperwork as you can lay your hands on.
And remember the two big friendly words on the cover of The HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy.

DON'T PANIC

Fri May 07, 2010 11:05 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

I agree with Zen.
A solicitor will charge you but Citizens advice would give you free advice and tell where best to go with what I think is a suspicious debt.. It maybe the solicitor (especially if your one of the few with legal aid) but at least you would know that before having to risk putting up more money.

Fri May 07, 2010 11:45 am
Profile E-mail

I've paid nothng to a solicitor. They dont even have my home address yet. I have spoken to two from the same firm today. The first thought it possibly bullying tactics of a debt which cannot be proven and so was seeking advice themselves. The second said that if we have not written to them or heard from them in writing, which we have not, within 6 yrs then because it was apersonal loan the office of fair trading say its statute barred. If they ring again or write asking us for payment then we are to state its statute barred and if they try to pursue the matter we will sue for harrassment. He's emailing me a letter which basically i fill in the blanks which should end the matter. He said these companies buy up debts and try there luck at recovering them even though they know they're out of the time limit as obviously some will pay. if one starts a payment however it re-opens the debt making it legal again.
I'm still very unsure but I didnt even know where this Mackenzie hall are addressed. The solicitor just emailed three differing names for the company with one address. He's not in the office til later so will email me the letter later.
I feel very fragile but calmer. I didnt eat yesterday and have forced myself to eat something today. I didnt sleep well at all and my husband who is mentally ill anyway with depression etc was yelling and fighting in his sleep again. He's exhausted and I've made him an appointment for the dr later today.

Fri May 07, 2010 1:48 pm
Profile E-mail

Email of attached letter has just come through.
Hopefully this means everything will be ok.

Thanks all for your kind words of support :pump: :roll:

Fri May 07, 2010 2:06 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

See what the solicitors comes up with. It sounds mighty odd to me that you have not heard something for ten years and then a bill pops out of the blue..

It seems Mackenzie Hall are debt collectors see:- http://www.mackenziehall.co.uk/
The link says their address is at :-
Mackenzie Hall Registered Office:
Unit 1A, 58 Portland Street, Kilmarnock. KA1 1JG
Company Registration No: SC255891

Then again it could be someone pretending to be them..

Fri May 07, 2010 5:27 pm
Profile E-mail

I pray that everything will be solved in your favor. OM Peace Amen!

Hermano Luis

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Fri May 07, 2010 6:56 pm
Profile E-mail

Yes Pete they are and I now have the letter from the solicitor so that this can finally be quashed, (I hope).

Thank you all so much once again for being there
Love life and energy to you all :heart:

Fri May 07, 2010 8:32 pm
Profile E-mail

Best of luck

Nil illigitimus carborundam

:cool: :yinyang:

Fri May 07, 2010 11:05 pm
Profile E-mail