View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:09 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
United Kingdom/Great Britain 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: United Kingdom/Great Britain
I hope some day to visit Stonehenge.

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Sat May 18, 2013 11:56 pm
Profile E-mail

I'll go there with you Lu.

Sun May 19, 2013 12:42 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

That would a great day out. Maybe Carrie would come too.

Sun May 19, 2013 7:25 pm
Profile E-mail

A Gathering.Awesome.

Mon May 20, 2013 8:32 am
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
Whatever.If it's fun,it's fun.After all,sex was just for perpetuation of the species.And talking of which,when I was at school,we went on various trips to look at barrow graves and I couldn't help thinking that if you thought of the Earth as a mother,how would you represent her reproductive system?The Lascaux caves go into the depths of the Earth where the ancestors return and our descendents eminate.That's why messages were left on the walls.Gaia,Isis et al are representations of that which gives birth to us all and to whom we return.This is probably the oldest belief system. And it's all to do with sex.

True!
Life cannot exist without sex.
It is good to remember that societies that worship/worshiped the goddess/es did not forget this! It's weird when god/s are only masculine, and you wonder hmmm...

Wed May 22, 2013 9:55 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Its worth a wonder too. Early Jewish Gnostics worshiped God as both masculine and feminine. Some even said that God had a Goddess wife called Sophia. Some of the early Christians worshiped her too. However, we do not hear much about that nowadays.

Thu May 23, 2013 11:37 pm
Profile E-mail

Sophia is Knowledge/wisdom.El's (forerunner of Yahweh and the el in Israel) wife was Asharah which is a linguistic variation of Isis,Ishtar etc and equates with Mother/Earth.Now of course working under the pseudonym of Mary. El equates with Ba'al the storm god/bull/heavenly sower of seed/hailstones,meteorites etc.
El/Ba'al has been and is still unknowingly worshipped around the Mediterranean (and in Mexico) and even gets a sideways mention in the Bible when Moses came back from the chemists with his prescription(very hard to swallow,they were made of stone) and told the kids off for making golden calfs.

Fri May 24, 2013 9:05 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you choose to write a full Zen version of the OT then please let me order a copy.

Fri May 24, 2013 7:33 pm
Profile E-mail

Hermano Luis wrote:
I hope some day to visit Stonehenge.

Me too! We should plan a trip! We could go tot he UK and visit with Pete and Zen Dog, and any others that would like to! It would really be amazing!

Fri May 24, 2013 7:55 pm
Profile E-mail

The Schism of the Orthodox Church from the Roman Catholic Church was about Sophia, and also about whether Mary was the Mother of God or the Mother of Christ. In the Orthodox Faiths Sophia is now classed as one of the Major Saints, whereas in the RC, Sophia is not mentioned and Mary, instead of being worshipped is only classed as 'Suitable for veneration'. There are Orthodox Churches in Britain, but not many.

Personally, I can see (with my Wiccan hat on) Mary as the Goddess Incarnate, and with Druid Hat on I see the Madonna as Modron with the Mabon. (Mother and The Child)

In Wicca the focus tends to be on the Night and of the Great Rite (The coupling of the God and Goddess), whereas Druidry focuses on the Sun (the Eye of Enlightenment) and the fruit of the Great Rite (The Mabon). This is another reason that Druidry is the more obvious, as the rituals take place during daylight hours in the main.

I live about 15 miles from Stonehenge.

Cheers, Midori

Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:22 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next