View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:22 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
United Kingdom/Great Britain 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: United Kingdom/Great Britain
It was used and developed over a long period of time.Generations.But Druids used sacred groves.There is an excellent theory that the megaliths represent ancestors whereas Druids were more into nature and spirits.This points to a radical cultural shift in belief.

Tue May 07, 2013 12:57 am
Profile E-mail

Pete wrote:
Watched a documentary last night which suggested that people lived on the site long before Stonehenge was built and they have found stuff from 7,000 BC. They also thought the site was a place that people went to be healed.

Wow!! That is amazing! Too bad we cannot travel back in time!!

Tue May 07, 2013 1:33 am
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
It was used and developed over a long period of time.Generations.But Druids used sacred groves.There is an excellent theory that the megaliths represent ancestors whereas Druids were more into nature and spirits.This points to a radical cultural shift in belief.

What i always find interesting is that archeologists try to find meaning and purpose to objects of the past, but unfortunately, since the communities are long gone, one really has no real clue.

Some people believe that Stonehenge and the megaliths on the Easter Islands were brought by extra-terrestials, because they cannot conceive of ancient humans being able to build, carve or carry such great objects. Same thing with the great pyramids.

Tue May 07, 2013 1:35 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes. Some of the things our ancestors did were very clever. They built buildings that around for thousands of years later. Modern builders build houses that you would be lucky to still see them around in a hundred years time.

Tue May 07, 2013 10:08 am
Profile E-mail

Pete wrote:
Yes. Some of the things our ancestors did were very clever. They built buildings that around for thousands of years later. Modern builders build houses that you would be lucky to still see them around in a hundred years time.

LOL! So true! I shouldn't find this funny, but for some odd reason i do! Several years ago, one of the corn fields close to where i used to live was turned into a very expensive and upscale sub-division, with these huge brand new houses that cost $ million.

Well, within the year, some of the roofs had caved in! I could NOT believe it! I felt bad for whoever had bought the houses, but it was extremely amusing to drive by and see these giant holes on the tops of some of those houses!

Yet, Stonehenge is still standing! And the megaliths in Easter Island! And the pyramids! and the cathedral at Ely!!

Wed May 08, 2013 2:39 am
Profile E-mail

Aliens get blamed for a lot of things but I think that the only rational proof that there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is that it has never been daft enough to come here.66 years from heavier than air flight to moon landing! You watch, they'll get blamed for that too.People wonder at the abilities of our ancestors but I think the reason they were so clever at problem solving was that being smaller in population size, they didn't have so many idiots.We have a new footbridge at Reading station.OK so it is big and accesses several new platforms but it is a bridge,with two ends.Every day some one asks,"How do I get out of here"?

Wed May 08, 2013 9:26 am
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
Aliens get blamed for a lot of things but I think that the only rational proof that there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is that it has never been daft enough to come here.66 years from heavier than air flight to moon landing! You watch, they'll get blamed for that too.People wonder at the abilities of our ancestors but I think the reason they were so clever at problem solving was that being smaller in population size, they didn't have so many idiots.We have a new footbridge at Reading station.OK so it is big and accesses several new platforms but it is a bridge,with two ends.Every day some one asks,"How do I get out of here"?

I also think that in the past, because there was no TV, no nightclubs, no schools, no pubs, people did sit around a lot and think. They had to entertain themselves, they had to solve concrete issues and problems, so that led to really cool "projects". We spend a lot of time entertaining ourselves, or numbing ourselves. These methods and options did not exist back then.

Therefore, the very intelligent people had LOTS of time to think and come up with things!

Sat May 11, 2013 7:12 pm
Profile E-mail

Carvings on the walls of some artificial caves which were built as burial chambers have been deciphered as showing vibration patterns in atmospheric dust.The only way to create this phenomenon is to set up vocal harmonics.Our ancestors were getting into trance like states as happens at raves and chanting sessions.We've been getting high for a long time.

Thu May 16, 2013 7:30 am
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
Carvings on the walls of some artificial caves which were built as burial chambers have been deciphered as showing vibration patterns in atmospheric dust.The only way to create this phenomenon is to set up vocal harmonics.Our ancestors were getting into trance like states as happens at raves and chanting sessions.We've been getting high for a long time.

=====================

LOL!! I think in the past people got high to communicate with the spirits and with the ancestors. It wasn't getting high just to get high!

Thu May 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Profile E-mail

Whatever.If it's fun,it's fun.After all,sex was just for perpetuation of the species.And talking of which,when I was at school,we went on various trips to look at barrow graves and I couldn't help thinking that if you thought of the Earth as a mother,how would you represent her reproductive system?The Lascaux caves go into the depths of the Earth where the ancestors return and our descendents eminate.That's why messages were left on the walls.Gaia,Isis et al are representations of that which gives birth to us all and to whom we return.This is probably the oldest belief system. And it's all to do with sex.

Fri May 17, 2013 8:50 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next