View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:15 am

Update 2018 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Update 2018
So time has once again progressed since I last really commented on the forum bar posting the links to Chalke Talk (worth the watch if your a Christian) and to the The Dimensions of the faith free course lets in fact talk. I am now heading back into work after a year of job seeking this job will allow me to earn enough money to get married and of course just provide some security (not that there is much of that with any job really).

In the meantime my path exploring and pursuing ordination continues with several weekend short courses organised for those exploring vocations being attended over the next 6 months or so, add to that I will be taking my first evening talk at church in a few weeks time, which will be live streamed over facebook (I will post a link to the video nearer the time or just after) It is something I both nervous and very excited about.

So please keep me in your prayers and thoughts that this goes well, by the way things stand currently I am hopeful that by the end of the year some formal processes can begin but a lot can happen. With regards to the PCA (Progressive Christian Alliance) my studies continue there it was them who gave me the link to the Dimensions of the faith free course and as I slowly progress through that I remain optimistic.

I must confess that I have been overwhelmed by the number of groups who really share a lot the same values of what the modern church can be, with Steve Chalkes work with the Open Church Network, and his OASIS churches, groups like, One Body One Faith, Disability and Jesus, Modern Church, Inclusive Church, Accepting Evangelicals, that there is a lot of scope for such things but such things do take time with various denominations synods and councils taking a much more slow a measured response. (In that regard there is something in free churches I suppose but then here in the UK setting up such things are that more complicated to do)

But the overwhelming has been in a good sense really, those groups work hard and tirelessly and it is a very uplifting thing to see and currently play a small part in. As I become more busy with work and also continuing my pursuit of my calling I will most likely be quiet here as has been the pattern although I do drop in if not always log in from time to time.

All the best and God bless

I think the new spirituality will be a spirituality that's not based on a particular dogma. And that steps away from the old spiritual paradigm that we have created on this planet, which comes from a thought that there is such a thing as being better.

Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 pm
Profile E-mail