View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:23 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Cross Satanic? 

Is the cross upside down Satanic?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 88%  88%  [ 7 ]
Maybe 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Don't know 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 8

Cross Satanic? 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: Cross Satanic?
We have a health minister who I understand does not believe in the NHS. There is a petition of no confidence going through. 250,000 names the last time I looked.

Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:20 am
Profile E-mail

I haven't seen enough detail from either side to form an opinion. From what I have seen, I think however that arguments are too emotive. Having worked in a unionised but disciplined and highly regulated industry for 36 years, I can't think why principles can not be learned by others. The railway has many rules but the 3 main ones concerning safety are, 12 hour maximum shift except in emergency (emergencies are exactly that i.e. crashes). No less than 12 hours rest between finishing and starting, ever, no exceptions. (And we can be randomly breathalysed) And no more than 13 consecutive shifts. This of course is based on a 35 hour week, rostered Sundays extra. If the medical profession put this forward as a clear proposal and advertised it, who could stand against them? If there are insufficient staff, whose problem is this? It is against the law to coerce a train driver into working excess hours for obvious reasons. I am surprised if or why this has not been applied to doctors. Which is worse, some one dies due to lack of attention or some one dies due to inattention? You never know, the former might start a revolution. And another thing. This term 'whistleblower'. The railway has had a formal and independent system called CYRUS, can't remember what it stands for, for reporting safety issues for over 30 years. Complete anonamousness. (Yeah, I know). Why hasn't the medical profession? Only the union to blame. And the union is its members.

Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:43 pm
Profile E-mail

Sorry, what was the question again?

Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:46 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

The union is rubbish. The issue is the management know that we cannot use industrial action without hurting people. Something most of us are not prepared to do. When we do take action we only do so when the wards are alternatively staffed. In short we have no power and the government and management know this. As for whistleblowing there are policies and procedures for this but most fear ever using them. Most high profile whistleblowers have found themselves unemployable. The doctors were covered by the consultants and agency doctors. To go to a complete all out strike with no cover strike would be against most NHS staffs conscience. Hence other than making public spectacles we really have no power and the union is ineffective. It is so bad that if my union made me a shop steward I would then have to ask management's permission to be accepted as a steward.
Also with regard to the doctors, they were excluded from the working time directive and find themselves working many hours longer than any other group would agree too.
So Mr Hunt is (imo) taking advantage to the weakness in the unions and bullying his way into slowly breaking up the NHS and privatizing it. I note this week Virgin has taken over the children's services in Wiltshire. He also runs many of the Devon services. In short the NHS is on the road to ruin (imo) and people are threatened with the sack if they speak out publically. There are closures, fragmentation of services, short staffing and terrible staff morale at present.

Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:51 am
Profile E-mail

With CYRUS no one speaks out publicly. It is a confidential reporting system. The Union should demand to have all members included in the working time directive. The NHS being the countries largest employer the public will have to back that. The Union is its members but no chain is stronger than its weakest link. Solidarity. Meeting attendance should be strongly encouraged. It appears that the battle is on. Loins must be girded, determination must be strengthened. From my perspective there seem to be only two paths, and the current one is not a viable option. Altruism and conscience are only valid if the ship stays afloat. Once it sinks it will be every man for himself. The only way to deal with an intransigent management is to get tactical and out box them. Keep scoring points. Play on their consciences or prove the lack there of by playing to your audience, the public. First of all though, I would have a word with CYRUS.

Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:25 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

The best defence would be to keep the Tories away from the NHS.

Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:48 pm
Profile E-mail

getting back to the question,i said no.symbols are just that,symbols.they have no more power,or lack there of than people give them.

sorry,i can't join your discussion about the nhs.i am fighting with the us medical system,and paying thru the nose in the process.

Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:06 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

rev mark wrote:
getting back to the question,i said no.symbols are just that,symbols.they have no more power,or lack there of than people give them.

sorry,i can't join your discussion about the nhs.i am fighting with the us medical system,and paying thru the nose in the process.

What state do you live in?
I'm in Texas now.
Have been here 1 year and 2 days!

Love the weather, I am SO glad to NOT be in Chicago right now!!

Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:04 am
Profile E-mail

I don't get sectarian Pete. When it comes to politicians I distrust them all. If the people of this country were not so morally corrupt they would vote for none of the above. Which is what I do. I never vote for the least worst. Come the day when everyone does that and we will have our revolution at last.

Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:11 pm
Profile E-mail

i live in indiana lannah.moved down here from michigan.like chicago a lot tho.

Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:26 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next