View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:30 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Cross Satanic? 

Is the cross upside down Satanic?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 88%  88%  [ 7 ]
Maybe 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Don't know 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 8

Cross Satanic? 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: Cross Satanic?
My mums word couldn't be questioned. Not if you knew what was good for you.

Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:42 pm
Profile E-mail

I've got a question, and please forgive my ignorance!

Is JW Jehova's Witnesses?

That's what it would be over here (US).

Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:00 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lannah wrote:
I've got a question, and please forgive my ignorance!

Is JW Jehovah's Witnesses?

That's what it would be over here (US).

Yes people do say JW which is short for Jehovah's Witnesses. To some they are known as those nuisances who keep ringing my doorbell. It is a struggle to get down the stairs nowadays and can be painful some days. Just to find them at the door with the usual line of "have you thought about God's plan for us on earth" or " can we talk to you about Jehovah". I ask them not to call and it works for about a 2 months and then it happens again.

Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:33 pm
Profile E-mail

I used to invite them in for a chat. They haven't been round for ages. I can't think why.

Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:08 pm
Profile E-mail

I had a couple of Mormons scraping some wallpaper once. I wish they'd come round again I've got some painting needing done.

Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:11 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

I was friends with two Mormon Elders once. Elder Ohlsen and Elder Fawcett were their names. They gave me a book of Mormon and showed me a slide show. I even got in some Caro so that they could share a tasty hot beverage when they came round.

One of their bugbears was that I was a smoker at the time. After one slide show Elder Ohlsen started to give me some advice on the ills of smoking and how to stop. I pointed out that it was easy for him to say as he had never been a smoker and therefore was not able to give advice in that direction.

Now for the evil part. I convinced him that, in order to understand, he must first try the noxious weed. After about ten minutes of our discourse, whilst Elder Fawcett looked on with ever widening eyes, Elder Ohlsen accepted a cigarette. He had it in his lips and as he brought the lighter to the cigarette, Elder Fawcett slapped him causing the cigarette and lighter to fall to the floor.

Elder Fawcett obviously reported the incident to Salt Lake City and Elder Ohlsen was recalled. Far from being upset he told me that it was a valuable and life changing experience for him. He now saw that he was not ready for the work that his church had called him to do. He was happy to be returning to the States where he would busy himself with whatever work the church would line up for him to atone for his lack of faith. He gave me his own copy of the Book of Mormon with a lovely inscription thanking me for my friendship and teaching him that he had become too complacent.

He was a nice guy.

Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:39 am
Profile E-mail WWW

All it takes to become a Mormon Elder, so I've read, is to be 1) Male, and 2) have had your 18th birthday.

Blessings, both Bright and Dark,
Ananta Androscoggin

Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:44 pm
Profile E-mail

My ex-sister-in-law, Maria, dated a Mormom guy, after she and my brother got divorced. His cycling partner (they go around on bikes, here in the States and in P.R.) reported him to Mormom Headquarters, and he was sent back to Utah, for having dated a non-Mormon woman. Maria really liked him, said he was very sweet and very respectful and was very good with my niece, who was 4 at the time.
But I guess they are not allowed to marry outside their community.

Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:51 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lannah wrote:
My ex-sister-in-law, Maria, dated a Mormom guy, after she and my brother got divorced. His cycling partner (they go around on bikes, here in the States and in P.R.) reported him to Mormom Headquarters, and he was sent back to Utah, for having dated a non-Mormon woman. Maria really liked him, said he was very sweet and very respectful and was very good with my niece, who was 4 at the time.
But I guess they are not allowed to marry outside their community.

Good grief - surely you understand that one cannot have a partner who may see things differently. Gosh! what ever next. Next they will be saying that your partner can have a mind of their own. This will never do. Tut! Tut!

Ps// Yes, I am being sarcastic. Unfortunately Mormons are not the only ones who see things this way. I know in the JWs some do not recognise marriages that have not been blessed by their church. This in turn means both have to be members. Some evangelical groups also do not like it. You know the old verse about not being unevenly yoked 2 Cor 6:14.. Such is the controls of some. :roll:
I also do not believe people have yokes. That is just eggs (imo).

Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:51 pm
Profile E-mail

I was in Paris once when the Ministry of Health got yoked by all the junior doctors who were en greve. The CRS just stood and watched.Can you imagine that happening here when ours go on strike?

Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:18 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next