View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:25 am



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Cross Satanic? 

Is the cross upside down Satanic?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 88%  88%  [ 7 ]
Maybe 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Don't know 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 8

Cross Satanic? 
Author Message
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:44 am
Posts: 179
Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Cross Satanic?
I know the answer to this and so should many Catholics as it is a a major part of their faith/

What do you think?

I'll post the answer in a few days.

:jesus: VS :devil:


Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:24 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:14 pm
Posts: 2605
Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: Cross Satanic?
No - traditionally it is the cross of St. Peter who was said not to want to die in the same way as Jesus. It is said he was crucified upside down. It is sometimes used by some as satanic but really its a sign of huge faith. Likewise the cross of St. Andrew which is X shaped.


Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:12 am
Profile E-mail
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:44 am
Posts: 179
Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: Cross Satanic?
Pete wrote:
No - traditionally it is the cross of St. Peter who was said not to want to die in the same way as Jesus. It is said he was crucified upside down. It is sometimes used by some as satanic but really its a sign of huge faith. Likewise the cross of St. Andrew which is X shaped.

Thanks for your reply Pete; give it another day or so before I comment. :wink:


Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:21 pm
Profile E-mail
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:55 pm
Posts: 1854
Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: Cross Satanic?
Apparently the traditional cross is a misapplication invented long after state crucifiction was discontinued. One clue is that it was too elaborate. Can you imagine the troops knocking together 6,000 of these things along the appian way after the Spartacus revolt? It seems it was really just a lashed together X with a supporting upright behind. Just like the early Christian symbol of the Chi Ro. Once you were nailed to the woodwork you weren't going anywhere. And right way up or upside down really made no difference. Oh. And the condemned would have been naked.

_________________
That's me in the corner.


Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:19 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:14 pm
Posts: 2605
Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: Cross Satanic?
The JWs always argue that it was never a cross but a stake in the ground. They argue the earlier translations do not say cross and says "stauros" (meaning a stake in the ground) and argue that the cross is pagan. Not that I personally agree or disagree.


Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:36 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:12 pm
Posts: 333
Location: Shropshire
Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: Cross Satanic?
The bible has to be right! I mean King James knew a thing or two about Witches and nobody's going to f@ck with a king eh?

Apologies, I am a Heretic! A happy hairy hornless heretic hoping heavenly helots harangue harmoniously at such alliteration. And sometimes I just loose the plot when I see JW's mentioned. I have nothing against any particular JW, I hasten to add before you think I am being prejudicial. I just find that the idea that their particular re-write of the book in question is the only one that could possibly be correct a bit farcical. Considering how many languages it was originally written in and then translated from a translation.

Excerpt from Guy Ritchie's film "Snatch"

"Catholic religion is based on a mistranslation".

"Enough already. Ruben, say something".

"Listen. Are you busy? I'll tell you the whole story".

"The Septuagint scholars mistranslated the Hebrew word for "young woman...
... into the Greek word for "virgin".
It was an easy mistake to make...
... because there was only a subtle difference in the spelling.
So, they came up with a prophecy:
"Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear us a son."
You understand? It was "virgin" that caught people's attention.
It's not everyday a virgin conceives and bears a son.
But leave that for a couple of hundred years to stew...
... and next thing you know you have the Holy Catholic Church".

"Oy vay, "what are you saying?"

"I'm saying, just because it's written...
... doesn't make it so".

_________________
Absit invidia.


Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:44 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:55 pm
Posts: 1854
Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: Cross Satanic?
I dunno. Words are magic. I was taught several by my mother.

_________________
That's me in the corner.


Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:07 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:14 pm
Posts: 2605
Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: Cross Satanic?
Califer wrote:
The bible has to be right! I mean King James knew a thing or two about Witches and nobody's going to f@ck with a king eh?

Apologies, I am a Heretic! A happy hairy hornless heretic hoping heavenly helots harangue harmoniously at such alliteration. And sometimes I just loose the plot when I see JW's mentioned. I have nothing against any particular JW, I hasten to add before you think I am being prejudicial. I just find that the idea that their particular re-write of the book in question is the only one that could possibly be correct a bit farcical. Considering how many languages it was originally written in and then translated from a translation.

Excerpt from Guy Ritchie's film "Snatch"

"Catholic religion is based on a mistranslation".

"Enough already. Ruben, say something".

"Listen. Are you busy? I'll tell you the whole story".

"The Septuagint scholars mistranslated the Hebrew word for "young woman...
... into the Greek word for "virgin".
It was an easy mistake to make...
... because there was only a subtle difference in the spelling.
So, they came up with a prophecy:
"Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear us a son."
You understand? It was "virgin" that caught people's attention.
It's not everyday a virgin conceives and bears a son.
But leave that for a couple of hundred years to stew...
... and next thing you know you have the Holy Catholic Church".

"Oy vay, "what are you saying?"

"I'm saying, just because it's written...
... doesn't make it so".

Please do not think I support any fundamental opinion. I am deeply suspicious when people say something cannot be questioned because it is the word of god etc. I feel it cannot be questioned because there is no supporting evidence and their beliefs are just that. A belief with no real substance. MY inclusion of the JWs in the conversation should not be taken as I have any support what so ever for them and their beliefs, translations or church. It was more out of a topical comment than anything else.


Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:15 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:12 pm
Posts: 333
Location: Shropshire
Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: Cross Satanic?
Pete wrote:
Please do not think I support any fundamental opinion. I am deeply suspicious when people say something cannot be questioned because it is the word of god etc. I feel it cannot be questioned because there is no supporting evidence and their beliefs are just that. A belief with no real substance. MY inclusion of the JWs in the conversation should not be taken as I have any support what so ever for them and their beliefs, translations or church. It was more out of a topical comment than anything else.


:surr: I feel I must apologise here Pete. I wasn't having a go at you for what you wrote or implying in any way that you were supporting them.

I have, at times, a very dark sense of humour; especially when the pain medication isn't coming close to dull the pain, let alone take it away. This can appear to others as if I am being argumentative or just plain being a horse's a$$. Perhaps I should stop trying to write satirical posts, more so when I am feeling as bad as I was when I wrote that particular post.

Once again, sorry if I offended you Brother.

_________________
Absit invidia.


Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:35 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:14 pm
Posts: 2605
Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: Cross Satanic?
Do not apologise Califer. It was a point worth making . Fundamentalism is not interested in anything other than converting us all to their opinon. Something I am not interested in. I would rather let people find their own views and learn from each other. I think we share that?


Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:47 am
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Forum theme by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.