View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:20 am

My Three Avatars 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post My Three Avatars
Mt three Avatars are: Sri Bhagavan Krishna, Lord Buddha, and Jesus Christ. In the Hindu religion and Avatar is an Incarnation of God or of the Divine. In the Srimad Bhagavad Guita it is stated that the Avatar appears on Earth every time that true spiritual values disappear. Sri Bhagavan Krishna says in the Gita, "Whenever dharma declines and the purpose of life is forgotten, I manifest myself on earth. I am born in every age to protect the good, to destroy evil, and re-establish dharma" (Gita 4:7 - 8).

I believe that an Avatar is a human being who has found Spiritual Enlightenment and decides to pass that understanding to everyone. There have been many Avatars, but my Avatars are the three I have mentioned above. Unlike their traditional followers I do not know if they are historical true or not, and I am not worried if they are or not. According to their traditional stories they did not write anything, but I find truth in much of what is attributed with being their teachings.

Sri Bhagavan Krishna was of the Kshatriya Caste, He was a Prince and a warrior. He is the One who teaches prince Arjuna in the Srimad Bhagavad Gita. Most of the spiritual teachings of the Bhagavad Gita is found in the Vedic Upanishads, and in the Gita Sri Krishna insists that "God is found in the hearts of all sentient beings". Sri Krishna also teaches Arjuna to live life in a selfless manner. Sri Krishna insists that everyone should fulfill their duties in a selfless manner. This says Sri Krishna is the heart of "true action".

Lord Buddha is also of Kshatriya Caste, a Prince, and a warrior; His name was Siddhartha Gautama before becoming Lord Buddha. He fought many battles and eventually became tired of fighting, killing, and getting wounded. He would eventually abandone family and kingdom, and became a wandering monk in search of a state free from suffering. It is said that after many years of searching, He sat under a tree to meditate and found Spiritual Enlightenment which He called Nirvana. He was then called a Buddha and taught a philosophy based on non-violence and loving compassion. He is attributed with saying: "Hatred can never put an end to hatred: love alone can. This is an unalterable law" (Dhammapada, verses 5 & 6).

Jesus Christ was not a warrior; He probably was a simple man, and every day working man who realized that Peace could be had without violence. He based His teachings in a profound love for human beings. It is said that He was a healer. He probably studied the teachings of Moses and the prophets of Judaism, and found that simple law that said "Love your neighbor as your self" a simple teaching that can change the world.

My three Avatars were human beings. They all died, but their teachings were recorded by their disciples for the benefit of everyone. Those teachings are still available. We do not have to follow the religions that were created after they died, but we can read their teachings and try to live accordingly. For a few centuries their teachings have been transforming other human beings into spiritual giants, and for many more centuries those teachings will continue to create other spiritual giants.

I pray that we also make an effort to follow their example to see if we can make a difference in the world. The world needs new examples.

Hermano Luis
Moriviví Hermitage

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Fri May 20, 2016 2:10 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: My Three Avatars
The teachings are what are most important and value-able!
If humans were to follow, better yet, live by the principles presented by these three men, the world really would be a better place.

Sat May 21, 2016 3:42 pm
Profile E-mail

I have a question about hinduism!
Does the concept of "demons" exist in hinduism?

Sat May 21, 2016 3:44 pm
Profile E-mail

Lannah wrote:

Popular Hinduism has many Divinities (Devas and Devis) and many Demons (Asuras). Now it must be understood that both Devic and Asuric beings are not the Supreme (Brahman, Paramatman, God).

In the Gita (chapter 16), Sri Krishna (the Avatar of God) tells Arjuna that there are two kinds of humans in this world the Devic or spiritual human beings and the Asuric o demonic beings.

Sri Krishna describes the Devic or spiritual humans in the following way: "Be fearless and pure; never waiver in your determination or your dedication to the spiritual life. Give freely. Be self-controlled, sincere, truthful, loving, and full of the desire to serve. Realize the truth of the scriptures; learn to be detached and to take joy in renunciation. Do not ge angry or ham any living creature, but be compassionate and gentle; show good will to all. Cultivate vigor, patience, will, purity; avoid malice and pride. Then, Lannah, you will achieve your divine destiny" (Gita 16:1-3)."

"Other qualities, Lannah, make a person more and more inhuman: hypocrisy, arrogance, conceit, anger, cruelty, ignorance" (Gita 16:5).

Chapter 16 goes further in describing the Asuric tendencies in human beings.

Hermano Luis
Moriviví Hermitage

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:46 pm
Profile E-mail

I have read many things. I have been inspired by much that I have read. Life presents us with many challenges. I keep 'Kindness' as my watch word.

Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:22 pm
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
I have read many things. I have been inspired by much that I have read. Life presents us with many challenges. I keep 'Kindness' as my watch word.

I think that there is no greater word. It is my opinion that if we could act with just a little bit of kindness, the world would be different.

I would like to add something more about my brand of Hinduism: I do not practice popular Hinduism. My brand of Hinduism is founded upon the Vedic Upanishads. It is a Hinduism based upon a contemplative life very similar to contemplative Buddhism. My spiritual tradition was founded by Sri Shyamacharan Lahiri (1828-1895), also known as Lahiri Mahasaya. This spiritual tradition was brought to the West by Sri Paramahansa Yogananda (1893-1952) in 1920.

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:27 am
Profile E-mail

Thank you for the answer!

Hermano Luis wrote:
Lannah wrote:

Popular Hinduism has many Divinities (Devas and Devis) and many Demons (Asuras). Now it must be understood that both Devic and Asuric beings are not the Supreme (Brahman, Paramatman, God).

In the Gita (chapter 16), Sri Krishna (the Avatar of God) tells Arjuna that there are two kinds of humans in this world the Devic or spiritual human beings and the Asuric o demonic beings.

Sri Krishna describes the Devic or spiritual humans in the following way: "Be fearless and pure; never waiver in your determination or your dedication to the spiritual life. Give freely. Be self-controlled, sincere, truthful, loving, and full of the desire to serve. Realize the truth of the scriptures; learn to be detached and to take joy in renunciation. Do not ge angry or ham any living creature, but be compassionate and gentle; show good will to all. Cultivate vigor, patience, will, purity; avoid malice and pride. Then, Lannah, you will achieve your divine destiny" (Gita 16:1-3)."

"Other qualities, Lannah, make a person more and more inhuman: hypocrisy, arrogance, conceit, anger, cruelty, ignorance" (Gita 16:5).

Chapter 16 goes further in describing the Asuric tendencies in human beings.

Hermano Luis
Moriviví Hermitage

Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:31 am
Profile E-mail

Some of my favorite sayings:

Practice random acts of kindness!

Do onto others as you would have them do onto you. (this works if you have positive self esteem!!)

Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:34 am
Profile E-mail

Lannah wrote:
Some of my favorite sayings:

Practice random acts of kindness!

Do onto others as you would have them do onto you. (this works if you have positive self esteem!!)

That is a wonderful path. Do not change it.

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:52 am
Profile E-mail

Hi Luis,

I got a copy of the Bagavad Gita and I am going to give it a try, at reading it.
If I have questions, or am confused, :huh: I will but you with questions!

Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:03 am
Profile E-mail