View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:37 pm

The Moriviví Hermitage 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post The Moriviví Hermitage
The Moriviví Hermitage is the place where I meditate. It is a corner approximately 33 square feet of a larger room. It is a place where I keep my small library. The larger room is actually the laundry room and where the tools are kept. But that south-west corner of the room is for me the Moriviví Hermitage.

Moriviví is a weed native to Puerto Rico. Every child loves to play with it because when you touch it, it appears to die. To gardeners the moriviví is a nasty pest. It has a very deep root, and it is very hard to erradicate. But to me it is a plant symbolic of what true spiritualit should be: a profound awareness rooted on your inner nature.

The Hermitage has a small library that covers many topics: religion, science, philosophy, literature, history. I also have a special section of the library next to my bed with sacred texts of different religious traditions. Some of those books are hard to find.

On the western wall of the Hermitage are the small shrines with pictures or images of different deities (most of them have been gifts by friends or family). There is a the Mother Shrines dedicated to God in the aspect of Divine Mother. Mother Kali stands out; it is a picture of the image of Mother Kali found at the famous temple in Dakshineshwar, India. This was the temple where Sri Ramakrishna Paramahansa (1836-1886) lived, taught, and served as a priest.

I sit to meditate in front of the Shrine of the Avatars: Lord Buddha, Jesus Christ, and Sri Bhagavan Krishna. I also have pictures of the my line of Gurus. The Hermitage is my special sacred corner of the world; for years it has my special pilgrimage site.

I strongly believe that everyone should have a special corner of their home where they can retire to be in silence. Many spiritual tradition foment the importance of home shrines. It is said that the founding Guru of my spiritual tradition, Sri Shyamacharan Lahiri (1828-1895), found spiritual enlightenment in his home shrine.

The physical hermitage is symbolic. The true shrine is found in our hearts. It is our hearts that we will find the true image of God... our soul. Let us never strop in our search for enlightenment inour lives. OM Peace Amen!

"To be united with the Lord of Love
Is to be freed from all conditioning."

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:49 pm
Profile E-mail