View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:23 pm

The Birth of Lord Krishna 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post The Birth of Lord Krishna
Recently the Hindu world clebrated the Krishna Janmashtami. It is a celebration of the birth of Lord Krishna, an Avatar (Incarnation) of God. This is a celebration that can be compared to Christmas.

To many Hindus, Sri Bhagavan Krishna is God. True or false it matters not. In my understanding of things, Sri Krishna -- like Jesus Christ -- is a special soul who manifests in His life the
Spirit of God. Some Hindus believe that the words of Sri Krishna are the words of God.

As a follwer of the Sanatana Veda Dharma, I also celebrate the Krishna Janmashtami. But I celebrate something much more than just the birth of an extraordinary human being that many believe to be an Incarnation of God. To me the birth of Sri Krishna is a spiritual reality that happens at every moment.

According to the Isha Upanishad and the Srimad Bhagavad Gita, "the Lord abides in the heart of every creature" (Gita 18:61). That means that every time a child is born, an Avatar of God is born... Krishna is born. No sooner is a child born we condition that child to live in the world of Ego, in the world dominated by the concepts of "I", "me", and "mine". A child from an early age is conditioned to be governed by greed, lust, and anger.

As long as the Ego -- I, me, and mine -- reigns supreme in our lives, that Divine Spark (the Lord) who abides in our heart can not express Itself. I strongly believe that the purpose of religion is to help us manifest that Divine Spark in our daily lives. Prayer, meditation, and selfless service are the religious instruments that help us overcome the power of the Ego.

The Janmashtami then is a celebration of Joy and Hope. It is a celebration of Joy, because it reminds us that our soul is a Divine Spark. It is a celebration of Hope, because each and everyone of us can awaken through our Faith and Effort that Divine Spark in our hearts.

The Janmashtami is not just a once in a year celebration, it is a celebration for every day of the year. Each and everyone of us is Bhagavan Krishna, for each and everyone of us carries the Lord within our hearts.

May all my sisters and brother in the ULC find the Joy of God within their hearts. OM Peace Amen!

Hermano Luis
Moriviví Hermitage

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:32 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: The Birth of Lord Krishna
Many happy returns to Lord K.

By the way,that greed, lust and anger stuff is exactly what I endeavored to condition my kids against.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:35 pm
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
Many happy returns to Lord K.

By the way,that greed, lust and anger stuff is exactly what I endeavored to condition my kids against.

Thank you, Zen!

I hope you have luck with your kids. I think that my adult children are finally getting the lesson. Now I am working with my grandson.

Hermano Luis

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:34 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

I saw the celebrations of Lord Krishna's birthday on the TV. It appeared a wonderful thing to be part of.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:58 pm
Profile E-mail

This year the birth of Sri Bhagavan Krishna, the Janmashtami, will be celebrated on Wednesday, August 28, 2013. On that date my wife and I will celebrate 37 years of marriage. Wow! She has endured a lot, and I have learned to keep my mouth shut when she has something to say. :grin:

Hermano Luis

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

I wish you a wonderful wedding anniversary. Have a great time. :band:

Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:41 am
Profile E-mail

Congratulations. (Does your wife know what you sound like?)

Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:34 pm
Profile E-mail

It was a very nice day. But we had to face some small problems with our daughter and grandson. Sometime all we want is to be alone, but it seems that we have been "blessed" with continuing with the tribe. Once again I had to remind my wife of the aniversary; that happens every year.

Hermano Luis

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:01 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Its funny how its the stereotypical man that usually gets told off for forgetting anniversaries. Like you I am the one who usually remembers and reminds my wife.

Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:48 pm
Profile E-mail