View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:53 pm

Three Avatars 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Three Avatars
The Moriviví Hermitage is a very small place dedicated to the life of contemplation in the world. Very few people know that it exists. Prayers and meditation are held there periodically.

In the shrine there is a very small altar dedicated to three spiritual giants: Lord Buddha, Sri Bhagavan Krishna, and Jesus Christ. These three giants of spirituality hold a very important place in my heart. I look upon them as enlightened human beings who manifest in Their lives the Light of Divinity. In my language They are Avatars: human symbols of the Divinity. A symbol is never the true object, but in the symbol we can appreciate the object; in this case, the Supreme.

Lord Buddha -- in my understanding -- represents enlightenment as a human reality. I speaks of an enlightenment not subordinated to any deity. Lord Buddha's teachings have a strong moral foundation, they are very mystical, and they require personal effort to be realized.

Sri Bhagavan Krishna -- again in my understanding -- represents the best of the Vedic tradition (the original version of Hinduism). It is a theistic tradition, more of a panentheistic tradition. God is seen as an Ocean of Life where everything has its Origin, Middle, and End. Because of this view everything is divine and evil is born of ignorance. Sri Krishna's teachings have a strong moral foundation, it is very mystical and devotional, and it requires effort and dedication.

Jesus Christ -- once more I must insist that this is my understanding -- represents the semitic monotheistic tradition. God is perceived as a trascendental being: God rules from above. The goal is salvation through the Grace of God. The teachings of Jesus the Christ have a strong moral foundation, it has a strong mystical outlook, and it requires faith and effort to live a live of dedication to God.

I am over simplifying, but essentially the three attitudes are fouind in the Moriviví Hermitage: spiritual enlightenmente is a human experience, our lives are divine, and there is a grace that always flows from the Divine to humanity. At the Hermitage we enter the inner silence and find Light, Grace, and Divinity.

OM Peace Amen!

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Sun May 08, 2011 12:50 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Three Avatars
Hi hermano Luis, have you heard of "Self Realization Fellowship"?

http://www.yogananda-srf.org

Your philosophy seems to be in agreement with some of their beliefs.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:31 am
Profile E-mail

I have been a member of Self-Realization Fellowship for some fifty years. I was initiated into Kriya Yoga by a direct disciple of Sri Paramahansa Yogananda in 1965.

Hermano Luis

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Fri May 03, 2013 10:16 pm
Profile E-mail

Cool! I grew up in the Self Realization faith/beliefs.
My parents were also Kriya practitioners. My dad still is. My mother is not anymore, nor me.

But I learned so much about spirituality from being brought up in it.

My uncle was a monk at the Ashram in L.A. for many years. He stopped being a monk, but sill continued to practice Kriya Yoga, until his death.

When i read some of your "sharing" it reminded me so much of SRF!!

How cool!!

Sat May 04, 2013 4:50 am
Profile E-mail

I still visit the San Juan Self-Realization Center once and a while. I like to go to the meditation services; these services help us harmonize with our inner self. Nevertheless, I am somewhat of a spiritual maverick.

Hermano Luis

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:55 pm
Profile E-mail

Lu, our cops retire at 50.How long do they make you lot work for?

Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:16 pm
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:

Federal law enforcement officers are required to retire no later than 57 years of age. I am passed ten years that age. I was an Immigration Inspector, and even though we were considered police officers, we were not under the Federal clause of "law enforcement."

After September 11, 2001, the position of Immigration Inspector was eliminated, and a new agency called Customs and Border Protection was created. I was pulled into that agency, but when the officers were given the the law enforcement status, I did not qualify because of age. So technically I can retire at age 100 years, but I plan to retire in three years, God willing! :grin:

Hermano Luis

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:59 pm
Profile E-mail

Hermano Luis wrote:
Zen Dog wrote:

Federal law enforcement officers are required to retire no later than 57 years of age. I am passed ten years that age. I was an Immigration Inspector, and even though we were considered police officers, we were not under the Federal clause of "law enforcement."

After September 11, 2001, the position of Immigration Inspector was eliminated, and a new agency called Customs and Border Protection was created. I was pulled into that agency, but when the officers were given the the law enforcement status, I did not qualify because of age. So technically I can retire at age 100 years, but I plan to retire in three years, God willing! :grin:

Hermano Luis

Hi Hermano Luis, do you work at the airport in San Juan?

Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:07 pm
Profile E-mail

Lannah wrote:
Hermano Luis wrote:
Zen Dog wrote:

Hermano Luis

Hi Hermano Luis, do you work at the airport in San Juan?

That is correct. That is one of the reasons that sometimes I am absent from the forums.

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:16 pm
Profile E-mail

My uncle used to work at the San Juan airport.
He inspected planes, to see if they were carrying drugs.
He's retired now, and it was a long time ago.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:43 pm
Profile E-mail