View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:19 am

How I See The ULC 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post How I See The ULC
For some time now, I have been following the teachings of the Universal Life Church. Now our doctrine is very simple and can be followed by any human being: TO DO THAT WHICH IS RIGHT. Not a very complicated doctrine. Today I was looking at the Catechism of the Roman Catholic Church and I was surprised that that there are 2,865 items that a devout Roman Catholic must study. I will stay with the ULC.

To be honest I have made a slight variation of the Universal Life Church (ULC):
1. Self Knowledge;
2. Ethical Living;
3. Freedom Of Thought.

Self-Knowledge is at the heart of Sanatana Veda Dharma (aka: Vedic Hinduism), Buddhism, and a few other lesser known religions. I have reached an interesting understanding of my self: I am a fallible, ignorant, sometimes idiotic human being. Of course I like to think that I am some sort "enlightened human being", but I eventually understand that in reality that is part of my idiotic side.

I have tried being an ethical human being. I try to follow ethics as was taught by Lord Buddha. "Avoid all evil, cultivate the good, purify your mind" (Dhammapada, verse 183). My day might begin at 0500 hours in the morning with that intention, but by the time the day comes to an end I have done every possible wrong thing in words, thoughts, and actions.

But my greatest success is in freedom of thought. I have one million stupid thoughts that come into my mind during every moment of my day.

By the time I reach my bed at night, I realize that I have been a total failure in life. I am not a saint, I am not an enlightened soul, and I have not made one single contribution to the betterment of human life.

That is what we all are... we are human beings who try to live in the best way we can, but eventually discover that we are fallible and very imperfect. So... I try again the next day.

Hermano Luis

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:05 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: How I See The ULC
That is the point my friend. The best of us is not superiority but in the face of failure we keep trying and allow others to grow.
Events in Charlottesville have no place here.

Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:16 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: How I See The ULC
True! Events in Charlotvile have no place here.

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:29 pm
Profile E-mail