View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:11 am

The Spirit of the ULC 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post The Spirit of the ULC
Let us never forget the spirit of the Universal Live Church (ULC). This is not a regular church; it does not have a theology. Nevertheless, to say that it does not have a doctrine is wrong. The ULC is based on two principles: Freedom of Thought and Ethical Living.

About Freedom of Thought we can say that all members of the ULC have the right "to be" or "not to be", "to believe" or "not to believe". That also means that no one can tell a ULC member "Your beliefs are wrong" or "How can you prove to me that your beliefs are true". I can speak of my beliefs, but I do not have to prove them.

The other principle is "Ethical Living". We have a code of ethical living: Do what you understand to be correct. Recently I was reading from "The Gospel of Thomas" and I found how Jesus defined ethical living: "Do not lie, and do not do what you hate" (verse 6).

The ULC accepts people of all religions and those of no religion. Many in the ULC have created their religion or walk their personal spiritual path. The ULC can easily be called the "Church for Everyone".

I pray that we will always continue the way we are: respecting the freedom of all, living in an ethical way, and respecting the right of all to say what they believe or not believe.

Hermano Luis
Moriviví Hermitage
Puerto Rico, USA

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:59 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: The Spirit of the ULC
Some feel, and I tend to mostly agree with them, that the "Highest Ethic" is and always will be: Survival of Species.

Blessings, both Bright and Dark,
Ananta Androscoggin

Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:46 pm
Profile E-mail

Hermano- Also don't forget what the ULCHQ says right on their home page.

OUR BELIEF: To do that which is right
OUR GOAL: A fuller life for everyone
OUR OBJECTIVE: Eternal Progression
OUR SLOGAN: To live and help live

I agree that the ULC is a Church for everyone. Rev. Kirby Hensley founded the church on religious freedom and wouldn't turn anyone away from his services and he would also ordain anyone no matter their beliefs.

This is how my small "congregation" is we members of all differing faiths from Agnostics to Jews to Atheists to Christians to even a Hindu, we also have a Pagan Witch that will join us every so often. While I am the only one ordained at the moment if asked I would be willing to ordain (send the request to the ULCHQ) any of them.

The freedom of religion and the acceptance of anyone no matter what their faith, is one of the things I love about the ULC.

Ananta- I wouldn't say that the Survival of Species is the Highest Ethic. To say so would mean that it would be Ethically acceptable to kill of the weaker of the species, and depending on the point of view that could mean anything from an ethnic genocide (ie, lets kill off all the Irish since I feel they are all drunks and they don't have anything to contribute to the species, or lets kill off all of the ______'s since their religion states they cant do this or that and i feel doing this orthat makes you stronger and better adapted for survival, etc...). You have to remember you have those individuals who will twist saying that the Highest Ethic is Survival of the Species (or even something such as Do that which is right) to suit their needs and claim that their actions are ethical. I myself would say that the Highest Ethic would have to be something like "Treat others how you wish to be treated" since by saying that it isn't as easy to twist around, though you will have those who try.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:14 am
Profile E-mail

We are 'The Open Church', somewhere all can find a place in the kingdom of life. I think it is the Unity Church that say 'Heaven is here on Earth'. When you look around at the beauty of the Earth and everything bursting into life at this time of year I can understand what they mean. Even in some places which appear not to be Heaven, the sound of birdsong or the gentle smile of a person shows it is out there. We have been given this Earth to make it into our Heaven, that choice is ours whether we believe or do not believe we can all do something to make this Heaven on Earth.

We must also remember for some there is 'Hell on Earth'. This can come through financial hardship, grief, loneliness, illness or any number of combinations or other factors. Again whether we believe or not we can help lift the shadow of darkness from the lives of such people. This does not have to come from banging the drum or preaching a belief, but by being a compassionate human being.

We are the ULC, the open church, and being open allows us to cross many bridges and allows others to cross bridges to reach us. We are the Church of universal love and compassion and as our title says of 'Life'. In acting in the spirit of our Church let us try and make the lives of all better and bring Heaven on Earth

Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:45 am
Profile E-mail

This is really inspiring! I love it! :grin:

Rev Richard wrote:
We are 'The Open Church', somewhere all can find a place in the kingdom of life. I think it is the Unity Church that say 'Heaven is here on Earth'. When you look around at the beauty of the Earth and everything bursting into life at this time of year I can understand what they mean. Even in some places which appear not to be Heaven, the sound of birdsong or the gentle smile of a person shows it is out there. We have been given this Earth to make it into our Heaven, that choice is ours whether we believe or do not believe we can all do something to make this Heaven on Earth.

We must also remember for some there is 'Hell on Earth'. This can come through financial hardship, grief, loneliness, illness or any number of combinations or other factors. Again whether we believe or not we can help lift the shadow of darkness from the lives of such people. This does not have to come from banging the drum or preaching a belief, but by being a compassionate human being.

We are the ULC, the open church, and being open allows us to cross many bridges and allows others to cross bridges to reach us. We are the Church of universal love and compassion and as our title says of 'Life'. In acting in the spirit of our Church let us try and make the lives of all better and bring Heaven on Earth

Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:05 pm
Profile E-mail