View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:50 am

Christmas 2014 Thoughts 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Christmas 2014 Thoughts
So it’s Christmas time, one for merry making of thinking of one another of friends and family. Not only that but it marks the beginning of the end of 2014 and the dawning of the New Year. So what a year it has been full of ups and downs as it has been for the world over.
More conflict and oppression going on throughout the world and closer to home poverty hunger all on the rise and so at this Christmas time I like to borrow a thing from our American cousins and I like to thank God (or whatever deity you may hold a belief in or just the plain old human spirit) for the life I have.
Sure it could be better, but ultimately even within our Country there are people a lot worse off than me, I have close friends and family who are always there for me a network of support that would be the envy of many. People well some people who perhaps do not know me so well may confuse to being a bore (and I can be) or think I am miserable (most of the time I try to put a positive spin on things) I am simply put quiet not all the time oh no, but rather if I have something to say I will say it with conviction and passion in every word but if I have nothing of value to say I probably will make some small pleasantry with you and say little until I feel there is something to say.
If you like I am renowned for this trait I am a listener, but back on topic Christmas. I love this season and all the child like wonder it inspires I love watching the faces of my son and nieces and nephews light up in that magical wonder for many of us that is how we keep the magic of Christmas going.
So I am thankful for all that I have, and in this period of merriment with my friends and families my thoughts and for those of us who do so my prayers go out to those who are in a greater need than me or you. In the world we live today were we are so quick to write off whole swaths of people from the poor, to the unemployed, to the disabled and yes even immigration (a problem and worry for us all but not the sole problem as it so often portrayed to be).
This time of year is about being together of love kindness and if I could wish for anything for Christmas more than riches or a better life for me and those I love. I would rather if we could take that magic of Christmas which isn’t so much about a jolly old man with a red suit who gives out presents.
But really what that man embodies and when it comes down to it, that is a love and kindness to be given to all peoples, my wish would be that we all take that part of Christmas with us and put to good use more often in our lives. In a world where it is so easy to hate, a little bit of love and unity might just brighten up not only our own lives but the lives of those who even at this bright and magical time are shrouded in the dark.
I would also like to spare a thought and or prayer for those that we know who are missing loved ones at this time of year perhaps more than ever, as long as we keep these people in our hearts than they shall always be a part of us.
Finally I would like to wish you all and all your families a very merry Christmas may it truly be magical and wonderful.

All the Best

Rev Rob Ponsford

I think the new spirituality will be a spirituality that's not based on a particular dogma. And that steps away from the old spiritual paradigm that we have created on this planet, which comes from a thought that there is such a thing as being better.

Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:31 pm
Profile E-mail

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: Christmas 2014 Thoughts
Thank you for your words of Good Will. Many blessings to you and your family and friends.

Hermano Luis
Moriviví Hermitage

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:40 pm
Profile E-mail