View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:17 am

A Personal Evaluation of Beliefs 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post A Personal Evaluation of Beliefs
Once and a while I like to review my personal believes and spiritual values.

I am still a religious, spiritual, and political liberal.

I believe in God, but I refus to define God. Nevertheless when I speak of God, I talk of an Ocean of Life. But I will confess one thing: once an a while I speak to God as if God were a person.
I believe that God and Life are One.

I believe in religious freedom. I honestly believe that both the Church (any church) and the government should stay out of my religious or spiritual life. I do not care about national churches nor am I concerned for the pontifs of any religion.

I was trained in a modern Vedic tradition. Even though I say that I am a Hindu, the truth is that I am a Universalist trained in a contemplative Vedic tradition. I do not believe that there is any religion superior to the other religions.

I enjoy reading the sacred texts of every religion, but I do not believe that any of them is the "Word of God" . I honestly believe that every sacred book was written by a human being.

I do not believe in castes nor do I believe that there is such a thing as a People chosen by God. I believe that women and men are equal, and that they should be able to hold the priesthoods of any religion if they so desire. Nevertheless I believe that every person -- male or female holds a very sacred ministry; all they have to do is manifest it in their lives through Understanding, Love, and Compassion.

I believe in science, but I am not a scientist. I believe that God or Whatever created everything in an instant, and then everything started to evolve. And God said, "Let Me see what happens." I believe that everything is subject to the Law of Evolution. In the Law of Evolution there is a subsection (I do not remember what chapter and/or subsection) that says, "If you do not want to evolve, you will perish." (That sub-section applies not just to living beings, but to everything... including religions.

I believe that I can modify or change my religion whenever I want to, and nobody can say that I am right or wrong.

I think that Christs, Buddhas, Avatars, Gurus, Prophets, Saints, Sages, are good to have if you can find one, but my Freedom is just as important. I believe that everyone in the the world is free, but religions and politics try hard to curtail that freedom.

I believe in doing Good, shunning Evil, and purifying my mind of everything that limits my Understanding, Love, and Compassion.

I believe that I am going to continue to evolve. I do not know what the future has in store for me, for the future does not exist, only the Now and Here are real, and that is were God is found.

Now I will say to all, "Have a Happy New Year! I pray that the Year 2013 will be the Year of Good Will. May we all see a better world evolve during this coming year. OM Peace Amen!

Hermano Luis
Moriviví Hermitage

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:38 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: A Personal Evaluation of Beliefs
Hi there Hermano Luis,
Saludos!
I love the name of your Hermitage!!
I am new to ULC in the UK, and i am hoping to find friends.

I found your "personal evaluation of beliefs" very interesting, both for its content, but also for the idea of taking the time to think about what we really think and hold dear!

Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:57 am
Profile E-mail

"Moriviví" is a weed that is found in the island of Puerto Rico in the Caribbean. You touch it and it appears to die; a few minutes later it come back to "life". That is were its name comes from "morí" (I died), "viví" (I lived). It is an incredible weed that in reality refuses to die. As a child I used to play with it (I still do). I showed it to my grandson recently, and he also enjoyed playing with it. Nature is wonderful!

Hermano Luis

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:05 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Luis. Wow! Just Wow. Thanks.

I believe there is that of God in everyone and each can choose to connect with it. The word of God is written in the heart and not in text form or dogma. God is undefined but is also a channel of love. I hold love as important because I believe without it there is no hope. I also believe people are free to make up there own mind what is right for them. Religion and none religions are just roads to the same goal of enlightenment. It is not a truth in itself. Just a road to the truth each of us personally seeks in our own way. Each finds the road that is right for them.
People are free to agree or disagree as I am to change my mind about what I believe should I wish too. Organised religion is about control and indoctrination. One may find there road there too but remember it may not be right for everyone. The idea of an eternal heaven for some and an eternal hell for others is alien to the idea of a loving God and I although I personally believe in an after life, I believe Hell is an invention of the church and an instrument of control by fear and guilt. This is not in keeping with the concept of love (IMO).

However, each to their own and I am to mine.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:08 pm
Profile E-mail

Without limitations,nothing can be measured.Nothing gained.The Newtonian universe is where we come to play and learn.And, when each lesson is over we go home to the Quantum universe for tea and come out again 'later'.We are fractals of the IS. Which is like saying 'There is 'god' in all of us' or 'all of us are 'god''.I was asked recently if I believed in a Supreme Being.It took a measure of restraint to refrain from replying 'Well, we are standing here aren't we?'

Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:58 pm
Profile E-mail

Hermano Luis,

Where are you? We haven't "seen" you in a while! I miss your words of wisdom! :angel:

Come back!! !Regresa!!

Wed May 08, 2013 2:52 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: A Personal Evaluation of Beliefs - to hermano luis
Lannah wrote:
Hermano Luis,

Where are you? We haven't "seen" you in a while! I miss your words of wisdom! :angel:

Come back!! !Regresa!!

Wed May 08, 2013 2:53 am
Profile E-mail

Hello hermano Luis,

Are you guys getting sunshine in Puerto Rico?
We were hoping you might share a little with us up here in the Northern latitudes who seem to not be getting any!

How is your grandson? How old is he?

I have a grandson (he is a step-granson). He is 7. He is Erica's little boy (Erica is my son's fiance). He adopted me as "gradma" right away, as soon as my son and his mother got engaged.

It is really fun having a little boy in my life again! My son grew up too fast!!

Sat May 11, 2013 7:15 pm
Profile E-mail

Lannah wrote:
Hermano Luis,

Come back!! !Regresa!!

I have been ill; I have had some problems with my computer; and my once and a while, my work takes the best of me (I am a law enforcement officer).

About my illness, I am much better. My computer is much better also. And as soon as I retire, I will have more time to enjoy my spiritual friends. When will I retire? As soon as I finish paying the new car that I was forced to buy, because some "needy" person borrowed my 1989 car without my permission. :mad:

Hermano Luis

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Sat May 18, 2013 10:42 pm
Profile E-mail

Lu, you're a cop, didn't you catch them?

Sun May 19, 2013 12:28 am
Profile E-mail