View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:36 am

Lloyd Harvey 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Lloyd Harvey
I was just on fb and there was a note to say that I'd been tagged in a photo. I clicked the link and sure enough there was our old school photo from primary school. I was about nine years old in it. Under the photo was some tags of the class children and the first one upset me greatly to read Lloyd Harvey RIP - he was my friend and I didnt know he'd died. I immediately contacted another friend and asked if she knew anything. She did. Apparently Lloyd died ten days ago from a heart attack - he was 42.
He was never well as he was born with many a handicap. He had a few bones missing from his neck, only had one kidney working as the other hadnt formed properly, and wore the thickest pair of national health glasses when we were kids just so he could see straight plus of course the poor sod was ginger, which in days gone by was a handicap in itself. He wasnt supposed to play any games and was always being told off for playing footy. He was always at the bottom of the pile when there was a bundle (fight) on the playing field or in the playground. No one ever got the better of him and everyone respected him. Dont get me wrong he was never nasty or horrible but if picked on he stood his ground til you learnt a lesson.
I saw him last a couple of months back. He was as an adult still full of ailments and increasingly so. His shoulder had been operated on and I knew his heart wasnt great. As an adult he found art or art found him I'm not sure but either way he was a very talented artist and i hope our local gallery shows off some of his work as i know he did most of it there on Tuesday afternoons.
I'm certainly missing him already. I dont know if I missed the funeral already or not and I'm waiting for the fb grapevine to tell me.
RIP Lloydy - love you forever matey xx

Love, Life and energy to you

Mon May 30, 2011 11:41 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Lloyd Harvey
Bless you Lisa and your friend.

Tue May 31, 2011 11:12 am
Profile E-mail

Thanks Pete.
Lloyd saved my life once when we were children too. We were always where we werent supposed to be, down the Thames, the locks, the creek, on garage roofs, up trees, in the farmers fields, on private land that we later learned was the old small pox burial ground, plus more. This day we were down the creek or I was soon up it :lol: . There was a pipe coming out from one bank over the water which was low that day and going into the other bank. we decided to cross the creek using the pipe and not the bridge which was fairly close to us. Anyway I slipped and fell in. I cant swim though that wouldnt have been an option as the water was too shallow. i was in sinking mud and sinking fast. Lloyd had to think on his feet and found an old line pole that had been dumped. He managed to drag it over to me and with the one hand I had left I grabbed it and held on while Lloyd pulled me via the pole til I was able to climb back up the bank and get out. After that I remember we went up stream and I took my muddy clothes off and washed them through in the clearer water to get the mud off then dressed in the wet clothes to let them dry on me so that we didnt get told off when we went home for being somewhere we shouldnt have been. We got away with it but I doubt anyone else really knows what he did that day. He was my hero, we were probably about 11 or 12 then. We did get up to some adventures back in the day :roll:

Love, Life and energy to you

Tue May 31, 2011 2:12 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

He sounds an incredible person. I am sure he will not be forgotten. I pray that that he has much happiness in the next life as fitting a hero.

Sinking mud is a scarry thing. Makes me shudder just thinking about it.

Tue May 31, 2011 8:26 pm
Profile E-mail

Now there's a man dealt a short hand who played it well against the odds.
In life,that's what makes a hero.

Tue May 31, 2011 10:14 pm
Profile E-mail