View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:53 am

IDS resigns 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: IDS resigns
Politicians from the Celtic nations love and support their countries. Politicians from England despise the English and yet keep getting elected. They are either American centric (Thatcher) or Eurocentric (every other politician who isn't grieving for the USSR). The BREXIT mob are just late arrival opportunists looking to the popular vote. Like it or not, 80% of the laws you live under come from an unelected Council of Ministers in Brussels. Rubber stamped by a parliament that does not debate them and then treasonously adopted by the Queens ministers despite the oaths they take. We live in a dictatorship designed by elements of the 3rd German Empire as it was failing. This is the 4th German Empire. The 4th Reich. Follow the money. By the way, the phrase European Economic Community was first used by Herman Goering in 1940. This is just an observation. I'm past manning the defences. I'll settle for what we've got. At least the police here are not homicidal maniacs. Oh and, the EU plan for England is to abolish it. Turn it into regions comparable with German Lander. They have started doing it in France. Remember this when next you are invited to theoretically vote for a complete waste of space in the Palace of Westminster.

Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:18 pm
Profile E-mail

Its not a matter of despising ones country, its more about despising those that need a helping hand as they feel they sap taxes and wealth. What we have are far too many career politicians whose priorities are greed and self interest instead of working for the common good.

Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:40 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

No arguments there my friend.

Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:46 pm
Profile E-mail

So when the UK parliament finally gets abolished, and the regional governments job is merely to implement all the dictates from Brussels and not just the 80% the UK government currently does, who will you complain about? And who will you complain to? You will still be able to vote for whomever you like. And just as now, it won't make the blindest bit of difference. We might have had (in modern parlance, might of had) half a chance to compete directly with Germany industrially if Thatcher had not destroyed our manufacturing base. But then again, maybe not. Our labour force was and is not so well educated as the Germans has always been.

Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:44 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

You know I am no fan of Brussels Zen.

Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:58 am
Profile E-mail

There is no point wringing your hands and wishing politicians were nicer. Sack them while we still have a whisper of a chance. All of them. At the next election, vote for "None Of The Above". Not the least worse crook on the ballot paper. Of course, it would take the whole country to achieve such a radical outcome and the next election will probably be the last opportunity. Though knowing how reliable people are is probably why the Irish resorted to guns.

Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:07 am
Profile E-mail

But you have to have them at Christmas. It's compulsory.

Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:09 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

I keep hearing so many ludicrous scare stories coming out nearly every day. I just hope people are not taken in by them.

Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:07 am
Profile E-mail

The problem is we are both Westminster-centric and Brussels-centric, both with their own gravy trains, and both with the unelected bureaucrats pulling the strings. Even their version of regional assemblies will have strings pulled by those at the top.
I campaign against top-down diktat and believe in decentralisation and real regionalism. I think we also need to do something about the right to recall.
But wherever our parliament is, Brussels, Westminster or Wessex, we need to tackle the greed which fuels corruption and inspires the careerist politicians.

Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:11 pm
Profile E-mail

There is corruption because there is no accountability. There is no accountability because there is no democracy. Our democracy is an illusion. Westminsters expenses scandal was peanuts compared to what is still happening in Brussels. Their accounts have not been signed off by the auditors for years. As an example, MEP's et al claim over €800 for a €45 plane ticket. The small scale crooks in Westminster are only the tip of the iceberg, they don't make the rules anymore. Getting rid of them though would be a start. Watching the centenary commemorations in Dublin at the weekend and comparing them with recent history made me wonder if the rebels were turning in their graves. Their country left one empire and then joined a worse one. I think a definition of freedom might be not having laws imposed on you by a foreign power. Some people seem willing to sacrifice freedom for security. Ben Franklin had something to say about that.

Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:24 am
Profile E-mail