View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:02 pm

IDS resigns 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: IDS resigns
Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. B. Franklin.

Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:38 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zen Dog wrote:
There is corruption because there is no accountability. There is no accountability because there is no democracy. Our democracy is an illusion. Westminsters expenses scandal was peanuts compared to what is still happening in Brussels. Their accounts have not been signed off by the auditors for years. As an example, MEP's et al claim over €800 for a €45 plane ticket. The small scale crooks in Westminster are only the tip of the iceberg, they don't make the rules anymore. Getting rid of them though would be a start. Watching the centenary commemorations in Dublin at the weekend and comparing them with recent history made me wonder if the rebels were turning in their graves. Their country left one empire and then joined a worse one. I think a definition of freedom might be not having laws imposed on you by a foreign power. Some people seem willing to sacrifice freedom for security. Ben Franklin had something to say about that.

It comes to something when the EU's own auditors have refused to sign the accounts for several years now and Brussels continues unchecked

Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:37 am
Profile E-mail

That 'something' really ought to be a catalyst. But guess who controls the media? It's not direct, but friends of friends. I believe we get monitored and much of what I say will be considered seditious one day. But I'll be long gone. All I can do is leave my Grandchildren an apology.

Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:56 am
Profile E-mail