View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:41 pm

Sectarianism 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Sectarianism
Sheikh Nimr al Nimr apparently lost his head yesterday. In public. When did we last do that? The so called Illuminati want to create a world government apparently vis a vis Star Trek. It makes me think of Grip Pipe Thin's advice to Neddy Seagoon in Tales Of Old Dartmoor. "Never throw into the wind". Evidence of this wisdom failing to reach the appropriate audience I discovered on my last channel crossing. The repercussions may be interesting. I expect that certain elements in the government and the foreign office in particular will be keeping some late nights. I said before, when it comes to foreign affairs we don't have friends, only interests. It's a game of 3D chess.With three players.And no rules.

Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:15 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Sectarianism
Ouch, that's a scary thought, but you are correct. :huh:

Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:00 am
Profile E-mail

Saudi embassy in Tehran is now on fire. The pieces are moving up the board.

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:14 am
Profile E-mail

You would thin that two powerful Islamic countries would be "friends". I have always believed that politics and religion do not match. :devil: I continue to believe that religion is a very personal thing.

Hermano Luis

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:21 pm
Profile E-mail

Islam is not in the 21st century. Think of Europe 500 years ago.

Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:57 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

It preaches peace and most follow that but those who do not it seems they hate non Muslims and every other muslim sect. Trouble is Saudi's Monarchy are brutal thugs but the west sucks up to them because they would rather buy oil from them than Russia. When politics gets involved then all goes septic.

Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:57 pm
Profile E-mail

I read recently that the contradiction between peace and war in the Koran is the difference between the early stuff written in Mecca, the peace bit, and the later stuff written in Medina, the warry bit. (I could have the towns mixed up). It seems that the zealots believe that the later stuff is more true but people who just want to get on with their lives and run their corner/kebab shop, or whatever, prefer to follow the original bit.

Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:07 pm
Profile E-mail

Pete wrote:
It preaches peace and most follow that but those who do not it seems they hate non Muslims and every other muslim sect. Trouble is Saudi's Monarchy are brutal thugs but the west sucks up to them because they would rather buy oil from them than Russia. When politics gets involved then all goes septic.

The issue with Islam is that there are 2 sets of regulations/rules.
There is what is written in the Koran, which is what most of us in the Western world look at, when trying to understand.

But, (and I just learned about this this summer) there is islamic law, called the Sharia.
It is the code that lists all of the things that permissible (for men of course) and all of the things that are not allowed.

My cousin is a religious studies professor and wrote a book: Woman and Islam.

He (my cousin) was explaining that westerners erroneously look at the Koran for answers on islamic issues.
But a lot of the atrocities perpetrated against women and children are listed in the Sharia law.

There is an islamic community in Puerto Rico, with mosque and everything.
Historically, quite a lot of moslem men have migrated to P.R. and marry Puerto Rican women, because they want the American citizenship.
My cousin consulted with several Imams (moslem priests) when writing his book and segments for his classes on world religions.
One of the men my cousin met has a business in P.R.
His wife is moslem, and all his children were born in P.R., so they are American citizens.
One of his daughters, Yazmin, married a Puerto Rican boy, and the man told my cousin that he was going to have his daughter killed.
This was in 2013 (in the 21st century!).
My cousin Carlos said to him: no you will not, you will not kill your daughter, because if anything happens to her I will personally turn you in personally.
The man was taken aback.
Yazmin is still alive and still married to a Puerto Rican. I met her at my aunt's funeral in September 2015.

My cousin gets phone calls all the time, where he is threatened for having written his book.

Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:31 pm
Profile E-mail