View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:28 pm

To Bomb Syria or not? 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post To Bomb Syria or not?
The News this week has been about bombing Syria or not. It all seems to have strong and divided views on each side. With causing another war among us :lol: - What do you think?

Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:54 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: To Bomb Syria or not?
I think my views have been quite clear, To Bomb Syria would be a mistake we as the west have already caused enough bad feeling with the locals of the middle east, and we will simply sow more terrorism if we bomb Syria which regardless will kill innocents in the cross fire. Add to that ISIS and the people who are with ISIS hold a belief there will always be someone like ISIS just as there are with Christians and other religions.

Bombing them will not solve the problem, and as I have said before for the middle east to truly change, it will have to come from within and be organic and have no western influence upon it. We are still reaping the conflicts of Iraq and Afghanistan if we bomb Syria we will consign even more generations to potential on-going terrorism and with that more growing islamaphobia which in turn feeds into more hatred on both parts.

Paris was beyond evil but whats happening now and what will happen if we bomb will cement ISIS real victory, to fight terrorism we must continue to be the inclusive society and give into hope and love, love will save us and hate shall condem us.

I think the new spirituality will be a spirituality that's not based on a particular dogma. And that steps away from the old spiritual paradigm that we have created on this planet, which comes from a thought that there is such a thing as being better.

Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:29 pm
Profile E-mail

Academic question really. The damage is done. This is the third world war. It will last for generations.

Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:01 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rev Rob wrote:
I think my views have been quite clear, To Bomb Syria would be a mistake we as the west have already caused enough bad feeling with the locals of the middle east, and we will simply sow more terrorism if we bomb Syria which regardless will kill innocents in the cross fire. Add to that ISIS and the people who are with ISIS hold a belief there will always be someone like ISIS just as there are with Christians and other religions.

Bombing them will not solve the problem, and as I have said before for the middle east to truly change, it will have to come from within and be organic and have no western influence upon it. We are still reaping the conflicts of Iraq and Afghanistan if we bomb Syria we will consign even more generations to potential on-going terrorism and with that more growing islamaphobia which in turn feeds into more hatred on both parts.

Paris was beyond evil but whats happening now and what will happen if we bomb will cement ISIS real victory, to fight terrorism we must continue to be the inclusive society and give into hope and love, love will save us and hate shall condem us.

I like your post Rev Rob. I do not see how intervening like we did in Afghanistan, Libya and Iraq has made any country more stable or make them more nice to each other. I think all we do is leave a power vacuum and encourage extremists to step in.
There has already been bombing in Syria by a number of countries and so far there is little to show for it and I just cannot see how Britain makes any difference. All this talk about our smart bombs means little to me. ISIS hides in schools and hospitals and I do not know of any bomb that asks proof of ID before exploding.
Sadly I think Mr Cameron is doing a Mr Blair on us. They always jump at war and never think about all the families that suffer both in our services and in Syria. The money would be better spent of a proper homeland defence or better still how about increasing housing or stopping the cuts in the NHS and Schools and our Police service.

Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:46 pm
Profile E-mail

A late reply. No.

Here's a question, and I'm ex-military, don't you think dropping bombs is an act of terrorism ? Any act of aggression is an act of terrorism.

As for ISIS, there has been allegations that the US supply ISIS with their weapons and finances. I find it strange that ISIS had Twitter Accounts, and nothing from the various security agencies as regards to intelligence.

Question everything the media tells you, printed and television.

A savage beast is Man, he's not as intelligent as he'd like to believe.

Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:59 am
Profile E-mail

I have an idea. Let's surrender. Abolish what is left of the military, join the Euro and the Schengen agreement, let the refugees in and have done with it. Not much point in trying to stop bad people really. We should just try to understand them. And if they really don't want those converted shipping containers I wouldn't mind one. It would be an upgrade on my mobile home.

Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:28 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Your bad Zen :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:38 am
Profile E-mail

You think I jest? I don't want to be labelled a terrorist for fighting back. Ipso facto, I surrender. I have relocated to a fairly remote place. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who wants the UK can have it and good luck to them.

Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:24 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Trouble is the terrorists do not want surrender. The greatest amount of people they have killed has been from those that they did not feel they were Muslim enough. With that in mind I get worried with the idea of open borders. I am not saying that all the refugees crossing the EU borders are terrorists, by no means, but the terrorists are using the open borders to get arms and weapons into the EU.
It is a policy (imo) that is like unto leaving your house door and windows open to stop burglars.

I personally blame Russia for the present crisis. They supported Assad and the rebels had enough of him. They took help from whoever would fight with them and the west could not help or set up a no fly zone because of Russia. So they gave the rebels weapons and arms. ISIS then moved in and took the weapons the west gave to the rebels. By rights Russia should take all the refugees but they do not have open borders do they and so the cruel mayhem continues. The EU is struggling under the influx and I am sure Putin is laughing at us all.

On another point - central Americans also die trying to get into the US. About 300+ people die each year trying do a 5 day march across the desert to enter the USA. 330,000 get apprehended and returned. Many others may never be found. Temperatures get up to 49 degrees centigrade and some make the mistake of burying themselves with rocks to shade from the sun. The rocks get hot and so they cook and die. (source the NEW Scientist magazine, (19 March 2016) pages 28-29.

I think the lesson is the richer countries need to help make life easier for the poorer countries. Yet, I think we know the rest..

Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:00 pm
Profile E-mail

The situation is sad. I do not know what is going to happen. It appears that our politicians are as ignorant as the rest of us. The only thing we can do is offer a bit of loving-kindness to those around us, and hope that things might change. As humans we are very cruel.

Hermano Luis

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:29 am
Profile E-mail