View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:53 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
To Bomb Syria or not? 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: To Bomb Syria or not?
I can leave everything unlocked and go away for weeks, no problem. Heaven can not be better than where I am. Warmer in the winter perhaps but not better. That chap in H2G2 who lived outside the asylum, well I have copied his example. Personal grief is still a work in progress but all else is good.

Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:51 am
Profile E-mail

The bombing of Syria has made more enemies than friends. Many in the Middle East see such intervention as western powers imposing their rule and way of life. Personally I think the real reason for our intervention has more to do with economic reasons, oil and business deals than for the sake of humanity. Whoever we do business with is our friend, those who we do not do business with are our enemies. I also suspect there have been dodgy arms deals going through orchestrated by business people in the west, which have reached terrorists. The screening of the 'Night Manager' on BBC 1 was very appropriate and drama definitely based on reality.
If we look at the root of the problems, they stem from Afghanistan with western governments funding and arming the Mujaheddin in its fight against Afghan government forces and their Soviet allies. Basically the west were arming people that were against education and health care for all and who were basically Islamic extremists. The hypocrisy of government!

Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:31 pm
Profile E-mail

The root of the problem is probably tea. Start there and follow the trail.

Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:16 am
Profile E-mail

sweetseeker wrote:
A late reply. No.

Here's a question, and I'm ex-military, don't you think dropping bombs is an act of terrorism ? Any act of aggression is an act of terrorism.

As for ISIS, there has been allegations that the US supply ISIS with their weapons and finances. I find it strange that ISIS had Twitter Accounts, and nothing from the various security agencies as regards to intelligence.

Question everything the media tells you, printed and television.

A savage beast is Man, he's not as intelligent as he'd like to believe.

As for the Twitter account(s) I think it is better to be able to listen in on their communications, even if much of it is disinformation. An extra bonus is that the U.S. FBI/CIA can probably identify the followers.

Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:37 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Hex. Good to hear from you. Missed you.
As I said before the Russians would not allow a no fly zone even when Assad was using nerve gas. The US And others supplied arms. What else could they do. This could of been solved long ago if not for Russia. Russia would support Assad before any of his country folk and no matter what bloodshed occurred.

Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:14 pm
Profile E-mail

Pete wrote:
As I said before the Russians would not allow a no fly zone even when Assad was using nerve gas. The US And others supplied arms. What else could they do. This could of been solved long ago if not for Russia. Russia would support Assad before any of his country folk and no matter what bloodshed occurred.

Thing is, despite his faults, the bloodshed he has caused and the evil of his regime, to remove Assad would probably cause a similar situation to what we have seen in Iraq and Libya which would increase bloodshed. Basically a lot boils down to the Empire's carving up of the region based on imperialism and not local conditions. Regrettably I think any long term settlement in the region has to involve Assad as well as the creation of safe havens for oppressed peoples.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:56 am
Profile E-mail

If the Turks had not sided with the Germans there wouldn't have been this mess. As it is we are damned if we do and damned if we don't. The answer will only come when the oil runs out.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:33 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rev Richard wrote:
Pete wrote:

Thing is, despite his faults, the bloodshed he has caused and the evil of his regime, to remove Assad would probably cause a similar situation to what we have seen in Iraq and Libya which would increase bloodshed. Basically a lot boils down to the Empire's carving up of the region based on imperialism and not local conditions. Regrettably I think any long term settlement in the region has to involve Assad as well as the creation of safe havens for oppressed peoples.

I think in the early days there was the opportunity to divide the country and protect them from each other. It is because of Russia that we are left with the Assad only option. Assad is a thug and a pig (imo), but he is Putin's pig and that makes all the difference it seems.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:56 am
Profile E-mail

Again a matter of who their business friends are. Putin's is Assad, ours is the equally brutal Saudis. Until the people stand up to their governments and their vested interests we are always going to have these problems.
Zen is probably right - the answer will only come out when the oil runs out. We will then enter a Zimbabwe like situation where there is no oil and no routes for pipelines and so there is no world interest to the extent there currently is in the Middle East.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:16 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think they did stand up to Assad. That is what caused the issue in the first place and why he started to bomb them. However, I believe your right about Zimbabwe. It does not get the same attention and it also has a very brutal leader.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:09 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next