View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:58 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Pope resigns 

Are you ordained by ULC?: Yes
Post Re: Pope resigns
A thought just occurred to me. All these holier than thou types really oughtn't be referring to the days of the week by their English names. Maybe planets and stars etc are alright but saying a day belongs to a Norse god? Well! Wash out thy mouth with holy water.

Wed May 14, 2014 10:57 pm
Profile E-mail

Absolutely Zen Dog, and how about Easter, that great pagan Goddess Oester/Oestara and her bunnies! Gosh I'm so pleased to have found the ULC. I recall the former Bishop of Edinburgh, Richard Holloway once state that one of the greatest problems with religion, is that it gives its members a justification to treat others with discourtesy. So sad, but so true from my experience. Jesus wasn't scared of meeting with non-Jews, he treated all with respect and made it clear his words were for everyone equally. No discrimination. He only got angry with those who declared that they alone held the keys to the Kingdom- i.e. those who excluded others and created power hierarchies. Ah well. At least we are here, all supporting and maintaining that We are One. :thumbs: :

Thu May 15, 2014 3:02 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

For me spirituality is about finding one's personal goal and being. Religion is just one of the options that a person may take towards further enlightenment. I believe there are many roads and all valid to the persons who take them.

Sat May 17, 2014 3:49 pm
Profile E-mail

Ah yes, but what about the Road Not Taken?

Sat May 17, 2014 11:09 pm
Profile E-mail

Pete wrote:
True Luis. It is a case of "their" religion says this or that and everyone must obey and they have licence to destroy all other faiths and their members. If this is the case then call me a heritic and I will wear the badge with pride. I like the way Bishop Spong describes it "Tribal Religion".

I have always been a heretic, and proud of it. That is why it has been difficult to belong to any church..

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Sun May 18, 2014 1:25 am
Profile E-mail

Zen Dog wrote:
Ah yes, but what about the Road Not Taken?

That is the best path.

The Tejabindu Upanishad

Sun May 18, 2014 1:26 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

To not take a road given is for me to take a road personally chosen. For me religion does not define all the roads that are valid.

Sun May 18, 2014 9:47 am
Profile E-mail

I guess the simplest -- and immensely inadequate -- difference is that Spirituality is something one has individually, while Religion is something one does communally.

As for roads, I might be the idiot who strikes offf through the bushes, where there is not even a trail. I mean when it comes to the proverbial glass, to me it's not "half full" or "half empty," it is something to pick up and take a drink from.

Ehhhhhhh .

Blessings, both Bright and Dark,
Ananta Androscoggin

Sun May 18, 2014 6:23 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
Site Admin

I like it when people take off into the bush as they make new roads. Not so keen on groups who frown on those who have differing views from the given dogma.

Sun May 18, 2014 10:08 pm
Profile E-mail

When Monty Python filmed Life of Brian in Tunisia they came across Spike Milligan revisiting his old battle grounds and asked him to appear in the film which he did. They looked for him the next day to do some close up work but couldn't find him. He had gone off into the desert on his own. It never fails to tickle me that the ultimate Goon out Pythoned the Pythons and always cut his own trail.

Mon May 19, 2014 12:08 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next